Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad News

WILDERTHANU
    I'm very sorry to hear the circle boat community lost a legend this weekend. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Beautiful Noise
    My condolences to the family.

GofastRacer
    How sad he was a great guy, RIP thoughts and prayers go out to the family!..

haulina29
    Boat 94 KELRON Haulin Skivies , sad news indeed .

Dave Sammons
    We've lost a truly great guy. I'll always cherish the times I've spent with him either at the boat races or Goodguy events or just talking at the shop. I can honestly say I have never respected a Driver/Fabricator more than I did Ron. My condolances to the Bolton family. Godspeed Ronny.

circleboatKIDD
    Very sad to hear this. Condolences to the Bolton family

LeE ss13
    So sad. Great guy. Met Ron in 1977 when I bought a Spitfire. Last saw him at Irvine last year.

BILLY.B
    When I got the phone call at around 8:00 am this morning I was in shock. Ron was one of those guys who could easily intimidate someone just by his personality and size, not to mention the way he drove a boat (all out). When I first met Ron back in 1977 he was very informative even to a kid (myself) and that continued up to the last time we spoke at the World Finals. I spoke to Jim Bandelian this morning and could tell that he was a lost for words. He lost a great friend whom he spent alot of time with (2 times a day for breakfast & lunch) and Jim just didn't know what to do. I told him that one of my funniest memorys of Ron was this year at Red Bluff. Jim & Ron were leaving the pits in Jims swat van and were headed right at me. I was wearing Hud's famous BB-Que apron (towel in front that lifts up and exposes a huge penis) and I lifted the towel and I thought that Ron was going to split a gut. You'd have to really know Ron to know that he always looked serious so seeing him like that is how i'll always remember him...........We ALL take our time on earth for granted some way or another and it's times like this that brings you back to reality. Ron was truley a class guy. I just wish I could of told him how much I admired his quality of workmanship and the way he treated everyone who needed help. My condolences to his wife, daughter, family & friends.

dmontzsta
    When I got the phone call at around 8:00 am this morning I was in shock. Ron was one of those guys who could easily intimidate someone just by his personality and size, not to mention the way he drove a boat (all out). When I first met Ron back in 1977 he was very informative even to a kid (myself) and that continued up to the last time we spoke at the World Finals. I spoke to Jim Bandelian this morning and could tell that he was a lost for words. He lost a great friend whom he spent alot of time with (2 times a day for breakfast & lunch) and Jim just didn't know what to do. I told him that one of my funniest memorys of Ron was this year at Red Bluff. Jim & Ron were leaving the pits in Jims swat van and were headed right at me. I was wearing Hud's famous BB-Que apron (towel in front that lifts up and exposes a huge penis) and I lifted the towel and I thought that Ron was going to split a gut. You'd have to really know Ron to know that he always looked serious so seeing him like that is how i'll always remember him...........We ALL take our time on earth for granted some way or another and it's times like this that brings you back to reality. Ron was truley a class guy. I just wish I could of told him how much I admired his quality of workmanship and the way he treated everyone who needed help. My condolences to his wife, daughter, family & friends.
    Thanks for sharing that Billy.
    When I first met Ron back in 1977 he was very informative even to a kid (myself)
    He continued this even almost 30 years later. This is how I felt when I met him. After I told him "Thanks" He said "No problem, you are the next generation". I was a happy guy after that day. I told everyone I knew how helpful he was, he really got me pumped.

uclahater
    We just lost another Hero of Boat racing!!! Ron Bolton was a great guy willing to share his knowledge with anyone. Jim B sorry about your loss of such a great friend.
    Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast