Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need dimensions

Blown 472
    for a bar, you know the drinking type, I am going to make it six feet long but I need the heighth and width. Thanks.

Her454
    Blown 472:
    for a bar, you know the drinking type, I am going to make it six feet long but I need the heighth and width. Thanks. eek! eek! When's the party?

Blown 472
    Soon as I get my basement done, yall are invited over for fish tacos and whiskey, dont forget your frisbee's.

Liberator TJ1984
    Only 6' long ????
    Where ya gonna dance at ???
    thats barely enough room to pass out on ...J/K

Mandelon
    Blown...what are you going to do with it? I know, drink. What I mean is...
    Are you goint to eat there?...Make it wide enough for your biggest plates...
    Will you use bar stools?...sit on one and pick a comfortable height.
    Will you just be standing and leaning on it?
    Get out a tape measure and see what's comfortable for you. Its your house right?
    18"-20" is good. It won't look too wide, but will hold plates and plenty of beer mugs.
    Standard kitchen tops are 24" deep, and 36" tall. Can you walk behind your bar, or is it against the wall?

rrrr
    Get a few drinks in you, enough to feel nice and woozy. Rest one foot on top of a cinder block, then close your eyes and lean forward. When you think your elbow should be touching the bar, just have a friend drop a tape on it. There's your measurement
    As for the width, shouldn't be any wider than a comfortable reach for a lime wedge or olive.
    Now that I'm done with the smartass stuff, here's an article that'll help.
    Bar Dimensions

Blown 472
    rrrr:
    Get a few drinks in you, enough to feel nice and woozy. Rest one foot on top of a cinder block, then close your eyes and lean forward. When you think your elbow should be touching the bar, just have a friend drop a tape on it. There's your measurement
    As for the width, shouldn't be any wider than a comfortable reach for a lime wedge or olive.
    Now that I'm done with the smartass stuff, here's an article that'll help.
    Bar Dimensions
    Thank you very much.

Blown 472
    Mandelon:
    Blown...what are you going to do with it? I know, drink. What I mean is...
    Are you goint to eat there?...Make it wide enough for your biggest plates...
    Will you use bar stools?...sit on one and pick a comfortable height.
    Will you just be standing and leaning on it?
    Get out a tape measure and see what's comfortable for you. Its your house right?
    18"-20" is good. It won't look too wide, but will hold plates and plenty of beer mugs.
    Standard kitchen tops are 24" deep, and 36" tall. Can you walk behind your bar, or is it against the wall? It will be away from the wall, have to get the fridge back there, it will be close to the pole in the basement which I am going to paint brass color for amiture night.

Thunderbutt
    Blown 472:
    for a bar, you know the drinking type, I am going to make it six feet long but I need the heighth and width. Thanks. Bars are 42 inches in hight. I know that because when I put my arm out at a 90 degree angle and lean forward a little, the deminison will be 42 inches to the floor. Gotit. Make it wide enough to lay on. GOTIT

78Eliminator
    Blown, also make sure there is plenty of room under the bar for us tall fellas. There is a really cool bar I used to go to but the damn bar was too narrow and my knees would hit the brick base of the bar. It did not feel good and the more I drank, the more I would hammer my knee caps into the bricks when I would sit down coming back from taking a piss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast