Thread: Landcruiser Stereo Problem

PlayTime
    I have a landcruiser with a DVD player in it. It came stock with the player. However its got this really anoying feature that disables the picture on the movie if you are driving. Does anybody know how to disable this cause I would like the passengers to be able to watch a movie on those long drives to mammoth for some snowboarding.

ROZ
    I could tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya. j/k
    Besides, it's the law. wink

ROZ
    Stock DVD player and the screen(s) are where?

PlayTime
    Its right below the dash. Below the stereo. Its actually a gps/dvd player.

ROZ
    If I'm able to find a solution to your "problem" and have an accident as a result, will you sue me?

1stepcloser
    ROZ:
    If I'm able to find a solution to your "problem" and have an accident as a result, will you sue me? LOL! thats pretty funny, Roz. Factory installed...?

ROZ
    1stepcloser:
    ROZ:
    If I'm able to find a solution to your "problem" and have an accident as a result, will you sue me? LOL! thats pretty funny, Roz. Factory installed...? Yes, my guess is that it's a NAV/DVD player.
    You of all people should know your way around this.
    I wonder if the green pen around the outer edge of the dvd would do it?
    Anyway, there are ways to add a circuit(my friend makes his own for Alpine) that allows you to run dvd while driving, but I wonder if this one is turned off via the gps system? Car moves, gps picks it up and shuts down dvd movie data. Does DVD mapping work whan driving?
    Seriously, it is illegal....Don't get caught. A friend of mine was pulled over in a mustang that had a video playing for the passenger. I think he said it was about a 300.00 ticket. If the TFT unit was turned toward the passenger, he would have not been fined.

PlayTime
    Gps Mapping does work while driving. If I pull the emergency brake a little it turns the movie back on but just for a short time.
    This seriously sucks. What good is the dvd player if your passengers can't enjoy it on the way up to the river.