Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF! Carrera with Afterburner!!

bear down
    I was at Havasu this weekend and this has been my 12th trip this year. I saw a red Carrera V-Hull on Saturday that had a wierd set up that I have never seen or heard of on Havasu before. The engine compartment was totally exposed (no hatch) and actually had a singel oval shaped exhuast tip and sounded like a jet engine (turbine sound). Very strange looking and sounding. Has anyone seen this boat?

JetBoatRich
    Wasn't that boat at OP6, I think I remember it anchored off to the side

75_Elim
    JetBoatRich:
    Wasn't that boat at OP6, I think I remember it anchored off to the side Ya, it was there.... If you look at the OP6 thread I believe there are some pics of it.

bigq
    Damn Elim, nice avatar.

LAVEYSABRE575
    i think that boat is an advantage victory...

bigq
    If it's this one, it's not Advantage. [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/334Lake_6.jpg[/img]

LAVEYSABRE575
    thats not the boat that was at havasu this weekend.Im sure it was an advantage big oval port.

bear down
    LAVEYSABRE575:
    thats not the boat that was at havasu this weekend.Im sure it was an advantage big oval port. The big oval port was where the tow eye is at and also, can't think why I said Carrera but it looked like the one in the pic above. Regardless, I felt like I was at Ontario airport for a minute when it was coming down the channel.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I have to wask why? What is the point of doing soemthing like that?

BADBLOWN572
    I was in the shop when building the Carrera 28. The thing has a turbine engine with the dual jet drives. The boat takes off like a rocket, but with somewhere around 1300 h.p. it tops out high 60's low 70's. I have not been in the boat when running, but it is a sight to see on the trailer. The only problem with the turbine is that it is so big, the back seat had to be removed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast