Originally posted by Slick:
Great topic, Alan. My dad just adopted a young black & tan bloodhound. His name is Bubba. He's a real handful.
I just put my old girl to sleep a couple months ago. She was a Black & Tan Coonhound. Her name was Miss Amanda Jones. She had a litter of 12 pups with my Dad's Black & Tan, "Buck". Two of them went into training with MCSO search and rescue. Amanda, Buck, and their two sons Paco and Johnny Walker (Amanda was part Walker) all lived at my folks place on two acres and loved to get out and kick ass on the local coyote and javelina population.
As for myself, I now have a half Queesland Healer and half something-or-other, Baylee. He loves the river. The new pup is Satie. She's 100% Queensland and bitch by nature. We call her "Satan". She isn't quite the boat dog Baylee is, but she's young.
Had half Queensland half Akita...Best do we ever had. She was locked inside by mistake once. She pulled down a bunch of toilet paper from the roll on the hanger in the master bath and took her dump right smack dab in the middle.