Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone

Boozer
    What Brand cell phone are you using and how do you like it? I switched over to Verizon and put my phone on their network and the phone is not working like it should be. I am currently using a Motorola 60i and have been very happy with the phone. But now I need to go buy a Verizon phone. Verizon really pushes the Lg phones and I am just curious as to how they are quality wise in comparisson to the motorolas.
    Thanks In Advance.

al cole'holic
    Boozer:
    What Brand cell phone are you using and how do you like it? I switched over to Verizon and put my phone on their network and the phone is not working like it should be. I am currently using a Motorola 60i and have been very happy with the phone. But now I need to go buy a Verizon phone. Verizon really pushes the Lg phones and I am just curious as to how they are quality wise in comparisson to the motorolas.
    Thanks In Advance. ..the i60 is available on the Verizon system so why not have it activated to your new #?

Boozer
    Did that but the phone has propietary software in it that will not allow verizon to flash it with their preffered roaming plan which in turn results in me having a phone that is basically useless considering i switched to verizon so i can roam and the current phone wont let me roam.

Rod-64
    After accidently dropping my Kyocera into a jacuzzi in Vegas, I had to get a Nokia to replace it cuz they ran out of the Kyoceras.......What a piece of shit.......the Nokias sounded like eveyone was muffled like they were in a closed casket. As soon as they got the Kyoceras back I exchanged it....They bitched about it but I told them I would call my credit card company to cancel it and they relented. F the Nokias!

al cole'holic
    ..well that sucks Booz, but they sell the i60 for a good price at least. That's what I have, 2 weeks ago in Naci I jumped in and lost my phone and the insurance sent me a new i60c with the larger battery in it.

Infomaniac
    Samsung N400 It is great.
    [ August 25, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

summerlove
    I have an older LG (LG510) - it's ok. The voice activation is great, but the ear piece volume is a little weak (it's hard to hear the other party) at times and the volume is all the way up. Overall, I like it bwetter than my old startac, but then again, that's pretty old tech. Overall, it's fine. I know the new ones are pretty nice, but check the ear volume by going outside where there is more noise and make a call and see how the sound is. If they've improved it, then yes, I'd go for the new LG.

HighRoller
    I have an LG flip phone and this is the third one in 6 months.Seems the circuits can't handle the flipping opened and closed because after a while nothing works when the phone is open.

Mandelon
    We use nextel/motoralas. Super tough and durable but big and clunky. I have used mine to pound on things. Coverage is weak too.

mickeyfinn
    We have used Verizon for about 3 years now. Service area very good. Some very good pricing plans available also. Customer service absolutely SUCKS. If you signed a contract with them buy a phone EVERY TIME UPGRADES ARE AVAILABLE!! We went for 2 years without upgrading phones. After 2 1/2 years my phone died, all I wanted was to buy a phone at the contract price and was told that I had to start my contract completely over whenever I purchased a phone. We had just renewed a 1 year contract in March and in August when my phone died we had to renew another 1 year agreement. Didn't really bother me since I have been a customer for 3 years and don't have plans to change but it was the principle of the matter. They actually told me I could have purchased the phone in March for the same dollar amount, gotten the same per month rate and a one year contract, but since I waited until august to get the phone I had to start my year over. What a Crock.
    BTW I ended up with an lg flipphone and it is working well. Only had it for a little less than a month. Bad things about this phone:
    1. It takes 2 keystrokes to get to your first stored number
    2. If you have multiple numbers stored for a single individual it is kinda tricky to getting to somethnig other than the default number.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast