Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRS raped me again...

Jrocket
    Well I've about had it with these people...Just another year of getting screwed on my taxes.I need more write offs.Looks like its time to buy a rental house or river house!!Dam it something to even this shit out. burningm

Boat Racer
    You got to watch out for those UNCLES'

Tinkerer
    You just need a bigger boat-- I write mine off.

NashvilleBound
    JR...What do you do professionaly? and drinking/parting does not count, tho I am sure you do it very well too

Jrocket
    Well Im boat shopping right now so a bigger boat will help for next year.How big does it have to be to right it off? Im thinking of buying a rental house or river house this year.I have to do something,because my annual household income will be ALOT higher this year than the last.So next tax season they will hit me even harder...I cant ever win with these people...

NashvilleBound
    I have never heard of writing off our boats...what do you call it, business wise, to write it off?

Jrocket
    NashvilleBound:
    JR...What do you do professionaly? and drinking/parting does not count, tho I am sure you do it very well too Last year I was a truck driver(local).So I couldnt write off alot of things.This year I changed jobs and went union,which will be even harder on me for taxes at the end of the year.
    My taxe guy tells me that my wife and I made TOO much money for what we have to write off.I said are f'n crazy,Ive never heard of somebody making TOO much money....but I understand what he meant.It just pissed me off.Im not a rich guy and at tax time I get even poorer.....LMAO

NashvilleBound
    Sounds like you need two things. One is a given...a new, big ass boat.
    The other is a new tax guy!

Boat Racer
    I'll try to write my boat off!!!!

Mandelon
    I think it needs a sink and head, and then it qualifies as a second home and you can write off a portion of the interest.
    Better to buy real estate. It actually appreciates but you can still write off expenses and maintenance trips.....very handy if its at the river!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast