Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WATER IN THE OIL

Kerny
    CAN WATER GET IN THE OIL FROM THE WATER INJECTION LINES CONNECTED TO THE HEADERS. I REPLACED ALL THE TOP END GASKETS INCLUDING THE HEAD GASKETS AND WATER IS STILL GETTING THE ENGINE. MY NEXT QUESS WOULD BE THE TIMING COVER.
    THANKS FOR REPLIES
    ANTHONY

Blown 472
    Or the corners of the intake, didn't you have some nasty timming cover?

Kerny
    I PUT THE RTV GASKET GOOP IN THE CONER OF THE INTAKE. THE TIMING COVER IS PRETTY RUSTED IN THE WATER CAMBERS BUT WATER IS STANDING IN THE CHAMBERS???????? IN IS NOT ALL DRAINED OUT. I DONT KNOW IF IT IS LEAKING UNDER PRESSURE OR WHAT. I RAN THE BOAT FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST NIGHT AND DISCOVERED AROUND 5 QTS OF WATER IN THE ENGINE.

Blown 472
    Can you presurise the cooling system with air, pull the plugs and listen to find the leak?? you wont need much air. If you timming cover is junk it can leak water into the motor, get a new one, you can get them at the dealer.

Kerny
    I WILL TRY THE AIR TEST WHEN I GET HOME. I WILL MOST LIKELY CHANGE THE TIMING COVER ANYWAY FOR NO WORRIES. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THEY RUN $$$.
    THANKS
    ANTHONY

Blown 472
    No clue, if you are in doubt buy a new one, no telling what shape a junk yard one would be in.
    Check out fordpartsonline.com, or five star ford.
    [ May 06, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Kerny
    I HAVE NO PROBLEMS GETTING A NEW ONE. WHATS MORE MONEY IN A MONEY PIT.

Blown 472
    Kerny:
    I HAVE NO PROBLEMS GETTING A NEW ONE. WHATS MORE MONEY IN A MONEY PIT. ding.

Kerny:
    CAN WATER GET IN THE OIL FROM THE WATER INJECTION LINES CONNECTED TO THE HEADERS. I REPLACED ALL THE TOP END GASKETS INCLUDING THE HEAD GASKETS AND WATER IS STILL GETTING THE ENGINE. MY NEXT QUESS WOULD BE THE TIMING COVER.
    THANKS FOR REPLIES
    ANTHONY Dump the caps, indicates yelling and we aren't that hard of hearing. Answer to your ?? is yes, under certain conditions. If you have a high overlap cam at low engine speed the engine will suck water into the exhaust ports and go passed the rings. The cure is #1) not run low rpms [not practical] #2)get rid of the big cam [not fun] #3) cut off the water to the headers at low rpm, say below 2K. This can be done several ways from a stiffer spring in the water valve, a manual water valve or a Banderlog water control box. or if you can get away with running the headers dry this may be the best and cheapest solution.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    stupid question. are you running a valley pan or real intake gaskets? if you have the valley pan that is your problem. if not turn the water off going to the headers and run them and see if you still have the same problem. water in oil is serious business. do you have a thermostat or is your cooling system free flowing. if you have any restrictions in the discharge block pressures can rise as high as 40 psi. enough to make any head gasket leak. try putting a cheap pressure guage on your intake to measure water pressure. anything over 15-20 psi is too high

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast