Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kicking the Habit

MagicMtnDan
    Ever notice how Hoss knows lots of $hit about prescription drugs? eek!

blownmoney
    the patch worked real well for me can feel your mood change almost immediatley. my wife loved me after the patch..lol

RiverForUs
    warlock25:
    Note: try not to drink coffee or alcohal during this period, or anthing else that stimulates more smoking.
    Goood luck. Sooooo, no more sex?

Boozer
    MagicMtnDan:
    Ever notice how Hoss knows lots of $hit about prescription drugs? eek! Well the fact that his wife is a pharmacist probably has nothing to do with it. I think he watched TLC and dicovery channel a lot.

Stupid Fast
    RiverForUs:
    warlock25:
    Note: try not to drink coffee or alcohal during this period, or anthing else that stimulates more smoking.
    Goood luck. Sooooo, no more sex? The Way I've been acting a hooker would turn down my money . I am going to talk to my doctor about zyban. NO coffee, NO beer, my entire world would implode.
    I went 4 Hours befor a light up today . Not bad For me. Not good for others though.
    EMC

MJ19
    Stupid Fast:
    The Way I've been acting a hooker would turn down my money . I am going to talk to my doctor about zyban. NO coffee, NO beer, my entire world would implode.
    I went 4 Hours befor a light up today . Not bad For me. Not good for others though.
    EMC There are LOTS of ways, each one works different for different people, because everyone smokes for different reasons...but if you set your mind to it and remember that you are the one in control (not the cig) you can do it!!!
    Your doctor might have some chemical help to ease the path, but regardless it's a tough road (if it were easy everyone would quit) You will make it if you stay in control of your choices!!!

bigq
    I use to use dip a lot, had a dip in my mouth constantly. One day I woke up and just decieded to stop and threw away what I had left. This has happen before and it lasted one day, but this time was different for some reason. I love my wife and my two little girls and needed to quit before I needed to have half my face removed from some tumor. Well it has been 6 months now and I have nodesire whatsoever to buy another can. From my experience I would say that the physical part of doing it, where you do it, what you are doing and how you are acting has a bigger influance than any nicotene addiction, I feel it is a crock. The thing that helped me was FAKE CHEW, made from herbs with no tobacco or nicotene.
    My advise would be to get something else to use as a cig in your hand and change your routine when you have a cig, this will help break the habit. Good luck IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!
    one more thing I wouldn't give up coffee or beer, just don't start drinking more beer.
    sorry for length, Wayne

NastyOne
    Do it for your daughter. She doesnt understand now, but later she will have a lot of respect for you. Probly more likely not to smoke when she gets older.

Dribble
    I ate a doughnut every morning when I got the first urge. After awhile I gave up the doughnuts too.

eliminatedsprinter
    The most effective way is to have a heart attack. About 80% quit cold turkey after that.
    Like I (and many others) have said before, it must be easy to quit because my wife has done it several times. wink
    Serously though, tell yourself "on this day I will not smoke". Take it one day at a time. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast