Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kicking the Habit

Mrs.909er
    You need to quit for your daughter...I think the reason I don't smoke is because my parents did. I would go to school and kids would make fun of me because I smelt like cig. smoke. Finally I was able to get my parents to start smoking outside...til this day they still smoke and I wish they would stop for their granddaughter now. My oldest daughter loves my mom almost as much as she loves her father and I....and if she cont. to smoke the way she is now...I don't think she will make it to see my daughter get married, etc.
    Here is a suggestion I gave her....( but I guess she does not want to quit)
    How many cig. do you smoke a day?(10 ?) Cont. smoking that amount for a month. The next month smoke 1 less cig. each day( so smoke 9 a day for a month).....the next month do the same thing (one less).....shouldn't take you more than a year to stop....and that way you probably won't be such an ass to everyone around you. wink

missboatnam1
    boy do i know how you feel!!.....i quite new years eve 1995....i feel like a new person, just adding about 15 pounds.......thats ok though, i would rather be chunky, than sicky!!! ...i got the motovation from my daughter to stop smoking, yours will do the same too in a few years, kids think its yucky!! which it is!! and im sure they will Put the guilt trip on you SOONER OR LATER !!! but back to the point, this is stupid but you cant have a puff a day, you have to do it cold turkey!!!...buy having a puff, makes you keep nicotine in your body, kinda like AA, you cant just have one!! just meditate your mind to stop!!!...having a beer to calm you at night may help, and reamber the craving only lasts 10 min, so jog, scream, take a shower do something!!!!....dont think about it!!! also, have something to help you gum, sunflower seeds( thats what i used)....put a rubber band on our wrist and snap it when you want one to remind you that you really dont!!! reamber they will KILL YOU!!! dont you want to see your kids, kids???
    sorry to ramble !! GOOD LUCK

oldphart
    Quitting was real easy for me I came off a bike at 85 mph. Woke up in the hospital and hadnt smoked for the 2weeks I was out and couldnt smoke in traction, so I just never restarted

HOSS
    Boozer:
    MagicMtnDan:
    Ever notice how Hoss knows lots of $hit about prescription drugs? eek! Well the fact that his wife is a pharmacist probably has nothing to do with it. I think he watched TLC and dicovery channel a lot. Yeah, TLC and Discovery. They both rock. And my wife being a Pharmacist does help a tad. Like I tell her every day before work, MAKE ME SOME MONEY!".

Butch
    I'm in there with ya. I've tried the patch as well as Zyban and neither really worked for me. The main problem with the patch, was that I couldn't keep it on in the summer time when i started sweating. I've also tried the sunflower seeds, which really helped, but after a week, my mouth was so raw, I couldn't hardly eat. I really believe that most products are actually a mental crutch, which if they work for you or anybody else, then it's great. You must motivate your mind and get mad. I have heard that Hypnosis(spelling???) works. Just remember you Can quit anytime you Want to but the key word is WANT.

jlnorthrup122
    Well buddy I quit a year ago working next to a guy who smoked 3 packs a day! I used that Ziaban I used only one bottle of ziaban the doctor says that it takes 4 bottles @$108.00 a bottle! I used the ziaban pills and Well don't laugh when I was at home E-Bay! I also focused on how much money I was saving by not smoking and how much more money I had to buy things off E-bay! Sounds crazy but I colect old boat magazines and books!
    Good luck and just do it!

Kilrtoy
    Be a man,
    Just stop.
    I smoked CAMEL'S for 15 years. One day the wife said the smokes or me, well I never smoked again......
    Now that I look back, that is a gross ****ing habit...

Rod-64
    I quit smoking with Nocorette gum.......now I'm addicted to the gum. .....But I can breath now.

Just Tool'n
    My best friend just entered rehab yesterday!
    Alcohol, & pain killers!
    Boy does he have it bad, He was drinking starting in the AM, then popin 2 vicodin every 2 hours.
    Now his F*cking wife blames me!
    Say's all the stress I put him under caused him too do this!
    Like I bought the beer, opened it for him poured it down his throut! Then I must of open the bottle of pain killers & washed them down with a 2nd beer!
    "No one takes responsability for their own actions any more"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123