Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thought I'd share somthing

hoolign
    seems like yesterday I looked over and saw this munchkin staring back at me from between the bars of his crib,grinning from ear to ear fully knowing I was about to be up to my elbows in crap and getting pissed on for the task of cleaning him up. yuk
    I remember comming home to see my wifes discust then looking at our boy beside the dog he attempted to make look like barney with purple cool aid
    I remember the nervous look in his eyes as he slid into his first classroom then comming home with grape juice all over him from pissing off a girl he liked
    I remember his sheepish look as he tried to cover up a black eye he got from that Mitchell kid down the block after telling him his mom was fat cry
    I remember his first base hit in baseball.
    I remember him running me over on his first motorbike
    I remember how proud he was when he was all spruced up for his first dance at school.
    I remember his first date,and him freaking out when his mother asked him if he knew what a condom was.
    I was confronted yesterday with the realization
    of just how fast they grow up when he said to me as we were headed out for a family supper...
    Dad, I'll drive eek!

AZKC
    I hear ya, my one and only is getting ready to hit the big 21, he's been a great son and he'll make a great designated driver for me and wife
    KC
    [ April 08, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

SCUBA STEVE
    my daughter is only 7, so I know I have a lot of the things you mentioned to look forward too. I wont be looking forward to the boyfriends & dating part though. Any Ideas on a new version of the chasity belt?

burbanite
    My eldest works part time, has her own car and is gearing up for her high school prom next month, her sister is just one year behind........
    Now, where did I put my walking stick?
    Girls are

Ziggy
    Hooligan,
    Hits right at home..my boy is 20 and works for me as a technician now...my daughter is nearly 10 so a lot of the things are yet to be(albeit quite different than the boy I hope)...life passes us each day and we take it for granted. Its nice to reflect back but I try to absorb as much as possible each day of their lives, its amazing how much they know and sometimes how much better they are at Algebra then me eek! What would we do without them???

hoolign
    just kinda shocked me there yesterday, pretty much absorbed it all as well along the way but ,don't think I was ready for "i'll drive", ahhhh it's all good, sure thinks he's king shit drivin the chevy hd

gigamurph
    Pardon my lateness on this gig. I've just returned from my exile in "NoComputerdom". I hear ya hoolign. My Son is 27 and my Daughter is about to turn 25 and I'm feelin' a little old right now! I feel really old when we go out to dinner and they say, "Let me get this Dad." Damn....

JetBoatRich
    Isn't it cool watching them grow up, hopefully they learn from you and make good choices in life.

Tom Brown
    Nice thread.
    I have no plans to have children but I enjoy orgasms as much as anyone so you never know...

Jungle Boy
    My daughter is 16 1/2 and drives now. When I see her driving away in my truck, I just shake my head and wonder where the years have gone. Then I remember that I'm 43 and barely recall my 20's. Time flies. Have fun because you are a long time dead.
    [ April 14, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast