Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Belmont Jet Boat owners

flodlite
    Belmont Boats of Wisconson made boats from 1978 to 1984. Who's got one. I have a 1984 19' Belmont Jetw/a 429 + .030 over Cobra Jet Ford. Has a Berkeley 12JC w/B impeller. Looking for literature and any info. good or bad. I've already spent my money.
    [ April 12, 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: flodlite ]

1Bahnerjet
    Try Postin' this in JUST JETS, And here I thought Belmonts were made in Cal. Central Valley!
    -----------------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

1Bahnerjet:
    Try Postin' this in JUST JETS, And here I thought Belmonts were made in Cal. Central Valley!
    -----------------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive 1bahnerjet,
    they were made in central Ca., in Belmont. Made beautiful flatties back in the day, late 50's early 60s.
    Never heard of the east coast Belmont.

69 Elim
    Belmont Boats were made in Fresno Ca on Belmont Avenue. They still had layup boats today and sell other brands of tourney ski boats. Plus they do work on all kinds of boats. My boat is there right now getting some motor work done. Ken (the owner) is a cool guy.
    Fresno was also the home of Fresno Boats and Sanger boats.

Looks like everyone is right according to a MIC search on the Coast Guard site: MIC Search
    MIC Database Search Results
    MIC Company Address City State
    BLM BELMONT MARINE 2006 W BELMONT FRESNO CA
    BLV BELMONT BOATS OF WISCONSIN 2947 JACKSON DRIVE OSHKOSH WI
    BVV BELMONT BOATS OF WISC 4626 CEDAR CREEK RD SLINGER WI

69 Elim:
    Belmont Boats were made in Fresno Ca on Belmont Avenue. They still had layup boats today and sell other brands of tourney ski boats. Plus they do work on all kinds of boats. My boat is there right now getting some motor work done. Ken (the owner) is a cool guy.
    Fresno was also the home of Fresno Boats and Sanger boats. Well, I knew that there was a Belmont location in there somwhere!
    That's pretty cool that their still in bix and building boats. Do you know if they have a photo collection from the old days that you could maybe scan and post here for us to see? That'd be great.
    I always wondered if Sanger Jack started out in Sanger Ca and moved to Fresno later? 69elim, do you know the story there?

flodlite
    would like to get any info. re. old Belmont boat makers and any info. re. hulls still being layed. good site. got replies quick. when i figure out how to get a pic in the profile i will add my boat. thanks

69 Elim
    Here is Belmont Marine's website www.belmontmarine.com
    As for Sanger, I don't know the exact story.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/205sanger_old_ad.jpg[/img]
    This Ad says they were on Annadale in Fresno, CA. They are still on Annadale today which is in Southern Fresno. The town of Sanger is just south of Fresno (very close). By the way, the flat in this pic is a regular flat, not a bubble deck so that means the ad is pre 1974 (I think).
    If you're ever on highway 99 and traveling through Fresno, the Sanger Factory is right off the highway (you can see it). Stop in there someday, they have a beautiful wood deck sanger in there.

[ April 16, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: 69 Elim ]

69 Elim,
    thanks for the info. I think you're right about the adds. I think the bubble came out in late 72 or sometime in 73. The reason I say this is because Roger Weiman, Rogers Custom Boats, by 1973 had already popped the bubble off a sanger and grafted it to his 18. Beautiful boats, both the Sangers and the Rogers. Worked for roger for 5-6 years.
    I drive the 99 once a year going to the big Turlock swapmeet in Feb. Next time I'll have to pay more attention and look for the Sanger shop. I'd like to see that woodie.

flodlite
    Thanks again, I Am going to get in touch with those guys. My 84 19' Belmont has the look of the sanger in the back. The transom is rounded like the sanger and from what the pics show the deck is very similar. I have been boating for over 40 years and have never seen a boat made so late, 1984, look so much like the early Sangers. That's one of the reasons I bought the Belmont. There was a Sanger a while back, with a shallow V hull for sale in HB classifieds but it was a 30 year old boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast