Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roller cam and porting

VD CRUISER
    Info, yes its solid. Do you think the headers will allow the exhaust ports to flow anymore if ported. Roller cams are definatley better on a na engine but no one seems sure if they are worth the expense on a blown motor. Your thoughts?

Infomaniac
    We run The lightning S pipe on this one. It is worth 1000 HP.
    Roller cam new springs freshen up and call it good. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...11Dyno-med.jpg

Fiat48
    Roller cam, a set of EB heads from Larry Olsen, maybe time for a Whipple or a 14/71, and that 21 ft Howard "Day Cruiser?" should pick up quite a bit. But you may need to refi the house first.

VD CRUISER
    Yea Fiat that sounds about right, interest rates are pretty low now though , you got a good point. I just noticed on my cam card that all of the figures given are based on 1.75 rockers, I believe mine are 1.7 so that changes things a little. Anyone willing to reccomend a particular cam for my combination?

blownmoney
    vd, why not just go to 1.75 rockers? wouldn't that give ya the specs your cam was designed for?, and be a heck of alot cheaper than changing the cam out?

blownmoney

VD CRUISER
    blownmoney, yea I thought about that, but I just thought someone might know of a roller cam that would definately out perform my flat tappet. I guess no one wants to give it up.

Infomaniac
    Originally posted by VD CRUISER
    blownmoney, yea I thought about that, but I just thought someone might know of a roller cam that would definately out perform my flat tappet. I guess no one wants to give it up.
    Third post down in this thread. That is the one I recommend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12