Thread: 1979 Centurion

aztommy
    I just wanted to know if anyone has any info on centurion boats just bought a 21 ft 454 berkeley seems like a nice ride never heard anything about the hulls. One thing I would like to ask is the manifold on it has the carb sitting at an angle never seen that either. Any info would be nice

Liberator TJ1984
    That is a Tarantula Intake....
    Look for Intimidator here on the Boards he has a Centurion...
    SSTSleekcraft may also be able to help you ? there are a few running around down here
    Gopherrr

Jet City
    Don't know about your hull, but I believe the old Edelbrock Torker intakes used to have the carb mounted slightly twisted (BBC, SBF and others I'm sure). I believe this was to keep the intake runners the same length.

aztommy
    somebody has to know more??????Somebody please speak up

Jim Brock
    21ft centurion's first hulls were buit by Dimarco, later they made thier own mold. they are a well built boat, the bottom is the same as a Spectra only a little straighter with Dimarco's new deck. needs a place diverter as it will porpose at ski speeds, Jim Brock

1tricky1
    More than likey that's an Edelbrock Torker manifold....I had one before on a 70 Chevelle with a 454. It worked great!

PLACECRAFT20
    I ran one of those intakes on my 20' placecraft daycruiser. with a mild but all roller bbc. The intake made the motor feel like a 2 stroke. I called edelbrock and they said change it to a performer rpm. I had a regular performer in the shop and used it. I gained tons of low end power and 3 gps mph just changing the intake. I think that intake is for a real high rpm.... my 2 cents.

beached 1
    The old Torkers had the carb slightly twisted to the right. The new ones I believe do not.
    I have an old one for the tall oval ports if anyone wants it.