Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego Fires

Froggystyle
    Well, I have my shit packed. I was a professional firefighter for several years, and this is the biggest, widest flame front I have ever seen, including the fountain valley fire in 1992 in NorCal.
    Scripps ranch is going up, Miramar is jeapordized and speculation has La Jolla in the fire's path.
    I'm thinking about taking Lightning's boat (in my yard) to the river, just to be safe...

Dr. Eagle
    I have been looking around on the internet, forest service, cdf and so on. I can't find a thing on the San Diego fires. If it is in Scripps Ranch, it is more of an Urban fire...I almost bought a house in Scripps Ranch a few years ago. Mira Mar? Might as well be downtown! Hope you are OK!

JetBoatRich
    Sounds like you are prepared, be careful. The fires are moving fast.

ULTRA28
    We watched the fire all night last night as it moved towards our ranch. We were having a birthday party for a friend that we new was going to be an all nighter, so everybody brought their motorhomes and tents so they didn't have to drink and drive. We got a call around midnight from Martin my gel coater warning us that he could see a fast moving fire heading towards us, but we couldn't see anything because we are down in a valley. Around 2:00 A.M. we could feel the heat and see the glow, but still didn't worry. By 4:00 A.M. the fire had come over the top of El Cap mountain and was heading striaght for us, we saw all the other people in the vally evacuating, (one guy even towing out his Ultra). We still had about forty people at the house so everybody helped load the motorhome and load the horses and we got out of there. I went back until the cops made us leave. The ranch behind ours, the park along side us and the hill across the street were all on fire when I left. I've been calling the house every half hour since I left to hear the answering machine to make sure my house was still there. About fifteen minutes ago I only got a busy signal and thats all I have got since. We are still holding out hope. The waiting to know is the worst part. So here I sit at Ultra smelling the smoke and watching houses burn accross the freeway. Fire has now made it to within a mile of Ultra. Gotta go now, talk to you guys next week.
    John West

Froggystyle
    That's too bad John... I have been thinking about your ranch off and on all morning.
    I just came back from the CDF station offering my vehicles or experience and saw Jet4Fun loading up and getting going to go fight it.
    The"Paradise" fire in Valley center could be affecting some hot boaters as well, now that I know that Nashville Bound lives there.
    Best of luck to everyone. If you need anything, my number is 619.823.5643

ROZ
    Yep, it's looking pretty grim di=own here in the San Diego east to central counties.... The bummer is that so much support(air) was either sent up to the 909 and been laid up for the year, that we haven't seen much air drop since this thing started...I hear close to 100k acres have burned...Considering the size of the county and is population, a lot has burned... 2 of my coworkers, who live in San Diego Country Estates, were evacuated at 3am... The forest backs both their houses....
    Like RiverToys, I too will be ordering a snowshovel to remove the ashes from my yard...Never seen a snow shovel before; I wonder if it will come with directions...
    Someone posted that the fire moved into the Miramar area....A carpet supply whss in an industrial area just went up n smoke... A real fear is that the fire willl travel through the west canyons heading through UTC and into La Jolla..
    I know WetWillie lives somewhere up near Ramona. I hope the fire hasn't caused him any problems...
    Fwy shut downs: 15, 52, and east 8..

ROZ
    Hey Wes, How about Boulevrd...Is the fire getting close to them up there???
    Totally forgot that Jet4Fun was down here. I wish him luck...

jbtrailerjim
    John,
    I hope everything is ok at your ranch. Makes me feel kind of uneasy knowing the fire is within a mile of Ultra beings my Essex is sitting in your showroom. I'm more worried about your house though. Hope everything is ok.

TheEduKATor
    As most of you know I'm a teacher, and I teach in Scripps Ranch. I've been in shock all morning as i've been wathcing houses slowly burn to the bare earth beneath them. All of my students live in Scripps Ranch and the surrounding areas and my thoughts and prayers are with them and their families. I hope they have all been evacuated unharmed to safety. In the short five years I've been a teacher, I've had to deal with students who lost their lives to gang violence, car accidents and suicides. I just hope that no more are lost due to this fire. I've heard reports of several deaths in the Scripps area and my heart sinks every time I hear such news.
    Ms. EduKATor and myself are waiting for information from a school board meeting to let us know what will be happening at our school sites. I know a few collegues who live in TierraSanta which is now being threated and I believe some structures are already on fire there. All this and plus all of my family lives in the 909 and I have aunts and uncles who are experiencing the same thing, being evacuated with 5 minutes notice. The sky looks like Armageddon has arrived, I hope there is some chance of containment soon.
    John & Wes our thoughts and prayers are with you, your families and all other forum members who are experiencing what is going on. Be safe everyone.

HBjet
    Here are some photo's from San Diego we took today.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0047-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0048-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0052-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0054-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0060-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0063-med.JPG
    We wen to SD last night to relax in a beach condo and woke up to these photo's around 10-10:30am
    Froggy, Ultra28, and the rest of you peeps in SD, be safe and get out when you can. Our prayers are with you guys.
    HBjet

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast