Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn Key or Fixer Upper?

DEEZ NUTTS
    CAHotRod, My wife and I spent our first weekend on our Formula and are stoked with it. We always camp for the weekend on Lake Powell and what a difference having room makes. I cant really give much of a performance report as the water was glass flat all weekend, and I'm still getting used to what the boat wants. Trim, tabs, ect. I am totally suprised with the speed and plane time. I did not think the heavy huge pig would jump up and go but she does. Speed picked up slightly when half the 140gals of fuel was used. Most I could muster was about 4700 rpm or so with 23p props showing 65-66mph on the speedo at 3600 feet elevation. Forgot gps so dont know how much that speedo is giving me as a bonus. Twins around the dock are awesome. From my experience I would buy another Formula in a second. The OSO site had a thread listing the difference in the models a while back if you have not seen it. Another plus with the 311 is the room in the engine compartment. Tons of it. You can stand in there or lay down in front of the engines to work on them without too much trouble. I can winterize both motors faster than in my previous single motor boat purely by ease of access. Good Luck.

CAHotRodBoy
    Wow, Deez,
    Sounds pretty nice. One of the 311's on OSO just sold. There are still a few others out there. I really like the idea of A/C on the boat, especially when at the river!
    Do you know much that boat weighs? Sounds like the performance is pretty good too. Glad you're happy with it!

DEEZ NUTTS
    CA, it does have a refrigerator that will run off the batts, but no A/C. It does have shore power that you could plug a unit in and blow through one of the hatches but only at the dock. I dont have one. The OSO guys said they are around 11,000 with the trailer and fuel. The Powerstroke knows its there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12