Thread: The end is coming....

396_Z
    Since most of you don't know anything about my boat I'll start at the beginning.
    1970 Kindsvater flat, 18'5"
    I found this thing sitting on it's trailer, uncovered, nose up. It hadn't been in the water for at least 10 years and had some really indecent repairs attepmted to the interior floor. All done with casting resin and no actual cloth or mat. It had peeled up letting water underneath exposing bare wood. to the elements for sometime.
    That was 14 months ago. 8 months of that it spent sitting while I went through a divorce.
    As of tonight the interior floor is ready for new glass w/ knytex mat, the cap seam has been ground out and rough filled (we're shaping it readying for a final fill coat) all the hardware has been removed All stringer holes have been filled, the deck is completely sanded down to bare glass ready for new gel, 1 (of 2) hulls cracks have been repaired, and I have 90% of the parts for the new engine 5 gals of resin, and 12 yds of knytex.
    Not bad for two guys who have familys and never really worked with glass before. Not to mention neither one of us having a boat prior.
    I still have along way to go I know but I'm well over halfway from where I started. After the interior floor I still have to flip it, repair one small crack in the bottom, sand, fill old propshaft hole, cut new one, gel the bottom, gel base coat and graphics pattern, re-rig, then learn how to drive the tub.
    Sorry, just had to share as I'm starting to get the itch.... (get it glass work, itch? ..... I kill me... lol)
    And to think I would have been happy buying a turn key jet......

Kindsvater Flat
    Post a few pics of your progress..
    I thought yours was a runner bottom like mine? Have you called Harold Kindvater for any info or questions on it?

396_Z
    No, mine being a 70 is a true flat. 2pc cav plate and no hull ID #'s.
    I've been talking to Marc (BG222) and he's seen it personally so I don't know if Harold knows I have it or not. I haven't talked to him personally though I do have a prop he'll be seeing soon. Being that it's marked "72 Menkins" on one side I think it won't be the first time he saw it either.

396_Z
    I'll have the pics eamiled to me so I can put them up. I don't have any that show what I started with, however I do have some in progress pics. One even shows part of a previous name, I just can't figure out what it is.
    EDIT:, Oh, and Rexone, we'll be speaking soon (if I ever get that f*#king catalog that I requested a year ago)

Kindsvater Flat
    Mine is supposed to be a 72 but shows 73 on the pink slip. Mine has no numbers also. I went all over it looking for numbers and came up with nothing.