Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***SPAM*** Mirage Plus 23P for SALE

Essex502
    Virtually new in a box Mercury Mirage Plus 23P for Sale. Fits Bravo 1 drive. This prop was purchased 2 years ago as a spare and has been sitting since then. Packaged in its original box. Original price $459 SALE price = $300 plus shipping if needed. Prop is in perfect condition.
    I can deliver in Havasu or Santa Clarita, CA.
    [ August 04, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Essex502 ]

Essex502
    Back to top.

Aluminum Squirt
    Were you spinning the 23 on your Essex? I've got an 03 Sterling with a 496HO and I'm spinning a Merc S/S 26P 4 blade to about 4800RPM right now. The mid range and top end are spectacular(for stock) but for pulling skiers it leaves a little to be desired. I was considering your prop as a ski prop. Any input would be appreciated-Aluminum Squirt
    I race squirt boats and play with my prop boat

Essex502
    Aluminum Squirt:
    Were you spinning the 23 on your Essex? I've got an 03 Sterling with a 496HO and I'm spinning a Merc S/S 26P 4 blade to about 4800RPM right now. The mid range and top end are spectacular(for stock) but for pulling skiers it leaves a little to be desired. I was considering your prop as a ski prop. Any input would be appreciated-Aluminum Squirt
    I race squirt boats and play with my prop boat Yes, I am using a 23P right now. The one for sale is a duplicate I bought as a spare. Great out of the hole and still has plenty of top end.
    What kind of top end are you getting with your boat and the 26P?

Aluminum Squirt
    I got 69.4 on GPS last weekend when I was by myself and running on fumes. My mechanic told me that Essex makes a great boat but that there is a design problem and the motor does not get enough air. I haven't tested his theory yet but I'm going to try to make a couple of runs w/o the engine cover on and see if I pick up any RPM's. He's betting a least a couple hundred which will put me right up against the rev liumiter. So far I love the Essex. Let me think about that 23 for awhile, I'm not sure its in the budget right now-Aluminum Squirt

Essex502
    I've tried raising the hatch slightly at full speed (make sure your safety strap in connected) and saw no performance increase.

Aluminum Squirt
    Hey Essex502, what HP/RPM are you running and what speed are you getting on GPS? I saw 5100 on the other post but you didn't say a speed. Is your Essex stock? So far mine is but I'm always looking for cheap MPH. One day I want to go with a blower/hydraulic steering/exhause but that won't happen till my motor is out of warranty-Aluminum Squirt

Essex502
    Squirt - When we picked up the boat and up to last year when we discovered it, the trim was not adjusted correctly and we couldn't trim up high enough to loose MPH or bump the limiter. At 5100 indicated RPM we have hit 70.1 MPH on the Garmin GPS III Plus. However, the MPH was still climbing when we ran out of trim. Now that it has been adjusted, we are bumping the limiter. I went through a number of test props - up to a 25P Mirage Plus 3 blade and couldn't get a higher speed. Now I believe that the 25P need more trim (???) but would like to also try a bigger 4 blade. When we got our best speed we had 2 adults for a total of about 350 pounds + about 15 gallons or so of gas on board. Water conditions were mirror finish - not the best for top speed. The 23P pulls very strong from start to 5100+ now. The Sterling likes a lot of trim to get it out of the water. Motor is stock 502 Mag. I also think if there was a better air supply we might get a little more but would need a bigger prop to take it higher.

Aluminum Squirt
    Ya, your right about that trim, I trim it way out and that Essex really comes unglued. It's a totally different feel and the hull really starts flying. Its not unstable or anything, you can just tell that not too much of the boat is in the water. So far I haven't been able to touch the rev limiter which I think is set at 5100. I've been told the 496HO likes to be over propped a little so I guess at 4800 I'm just about right. I really want to find a way into the 70's, the boat is taunting me now with the 69.4. I'm also using a GPSIII+ and sopmetimes my GPS V(pretty much the same) so our numbers are very comparable. What HP is your motor rated at?-Aluminum Squirt

Essex502
    Squirt - the 502 MAG MPI is rated at 415. This weekend we were in LHC and with 4 BIG guys and 3/4 tanks we hit 68 but didn't bump the limiter due to rough water conditions. Earlier in the day on relatively smooth water with just the wife and I and 7/8 or so in the tanks - 68.9. That's with tool box, two ice chests (not in the floor) and other assorted gear. Bumping the limiter at that point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast