Thread: christmas lights

NorCal Gameshow
    someone has put their lights up already in the neigborhood...WTF...

when do you put yours up ?? i usually do mine thanksgiving weekend.

titmouse
    I leave mine up all year round. That way, all I have to do is turn on the switch, and voila!

JetBoatRich
    Pretty much traditional weekend after Thanksgiving and take them down right after New Year.
    We have seen a few going up the last couple weeks, to each there own.

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by titmouse
    I leave mine up all year round. That way, all I have to do is turn on the switch, and voila!

NICE maybe that's what he did and just hit the wrong switch last night...
    there's a guy in simi that has a huge lit up chevy bow tie in lights on his house

anxious
    there's a guy in simi that has a huge lit up chevy bow tie in lights on his house [/B][/QUOTE]
    :sqsmile:

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by anxious
    there's a guy in simi that has a huge lit up chevy bow tie in lights on his house
    :sqsmile: [/B][/QUOTE] \
    Well, er um uh, not exactly... I did a Go Kings sign out of purple lights...can't find the friggin picture though...but here is the house...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...as_01e-med.JPG
    And we are starting this week. It will be done just around the first week of Dec.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...as_01d-med.JPG

JetBoatRich
    Nice job Dr.Eagle, takes me a couple days to get all the stuff up and around the house

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by JetBoatRich
    Nice job Dr.Eagle, takes me a couple days to get all the stuff up and around the house
    Actually looking at those pics again, we were not done yet. It usually takes about 3 weeks of an hour here and an hour there. We don't turn em on (except to check the connections) until almost finished. It takes 8 20 amp circuits maxed out to power this display...I am constantly having to re set breakers until we get the load balanced.
    I really don't know what started this nonsense, but it kind of took on a life of its own with the wife and kids...

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Actually looking at those pics again, we were not done yet. It usually takes about 3 weeks of an hour here and an hour there. We don't turn em on (except to check the connections) until almost finished. It takes 8 20 amp circuits maxed out to power this display...I am constantly having to re set breakers until we get the load balanced.
    I really don't know what started this nonsense, but it kind of took on a life of its own with the wife and kids...
    Same thing here, my wife and i have been together for 18 years, you really start collect items and each year you have to have at least one addition