Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandblasting Trailers?

SANGER-RICH
    What is the average cost and where near me [American Canyon] can I get it done with in about 60 miles.

21rayson
    What is the average cost and where near me [American Canyon] can I get it done with in about 60 miles.
    hey rich try phils sandblasting, he is local. if rember right he is on green island road at the end.
    merritt

SANGER-RICH
    hey rich try phils sandblasting, he is local. if rember right he is on green island road at the end.
    merritt
    If that is american canyon blasting they wanted 475 to do the job. Is this the same place by Baily Brothers? and is 475 high or low for a price I thought it was quite high myself.

YeLLowBoaT
    Actually thats not that too far out of line. Most blasting shops charge some where between 75-175 a hr. Now assuming you have every thing remmoved and ready to go( no lights roller bunks... yadda yadda) It will take them some where around 3-5 hrs+ blasting media(some inculde it most don't) Depending on how many layers of pain, media/ gun used and The trailer its self. It is something that you can do yourself. If you can get ahold of a good blaster and a compressor. Saddly in CA almost no 1 rents the stuff, and the ones that do have massive regulations on it( I am a GC basicly a Highly skilled painter and it still took a week for the shop to check to see if I had all the envromental stuff) Now you can go to Harbor Frieght and pick up a 25 lb blaster for like $50 on sale and do it yourself. Then all you need is a health compressor. Which can be rented for fairly cheap ~100 a day. Plastic off your garage and go to town.

21rayson
    If that is american canyon blasting they wanted 475 to do the job. Is this the same place by Baily Brothers? and is 475 high or low for a price I thought it was quite high myself.no that is not them they do a lot of meadia blasting. and i goofed on the adress. they are on tower rd. try these phone numbers.224-0405 or 224-4211.

rich if your willing to drive there is a place in stockton i took my trailer for my 18ft. tahiti to. they did it for $185.00
    pat(slotracer)

Sherpa
    An 18-24 foot boat trailer shouldn't take more than about 3 hours total if
    everything is already removed....
    I've done a couple at my house. I certainly wouldn't do it inside a garage
    though.... massive dust, that WILL get into everything..... just do it outside.
    a capable compressor is key........ at least 17-20 CFM, 2 stage, with as much
    pressure as you can get. A refrigerant dryer is also important if you plan
    on re-using any of the sand more than just 2 times.
    given everything, I'd say 400 bucks isn't a bad deal. sandblasting is one of those aweful jobs you loathe doing..... if it weren't for the excellent paint
    prep qualities, I'd probably never do it.
    --Sherpa

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
    To bad you don't live @ LOTO, I had mine blasted and powdercoated for 350.00

SANGER-RICH
    To bad you don't live @ LOTO, I had mine blasted and powdercoated for 350.00
    ok i GIVE WHAT IS loto? OR IS IT lotto, is that in CA or ???

rich check your p.m.'s
    pat(slotracer) :220v:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast