Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On a SERIOUS NOTE.

BILLY.B
    I've had quite a few people come buy the shop and tell me that the boards aren't what they used to be. They are really funny but not as imformative as they used to be. They feel if they come on with a question that to them would be a serious one that they will be made fun of for being STUPID (Jim Anderson). Though I think there is a time and place for a good laugh (BBSP) these guys really could use a little professional help at times, so give them a chance before they give up. Just my .02

Originally posted by BILLY.B
    these guys really could use a little professional help at times, so
    I know we all can use a little profesional help. But nobody takes me serious on the outbourd forum:wink: :wink:

Sangster
    There's "J_ st" to much BS going on here when it comes down to how "ONE" word is spelled. So..... let me Edjumacate ya again....
    jest n. 1. A playful or amusing act; a prank. See Synonyms at joke. 2. A frolicsome or frivolous mood: spoken in jest. 3. An object of ridicule; a laughingstock. 4. A witty remark. v. jest·ed, jest·ing, jests. v. –intr. 1. To act or speak playfully. 2. To make witty remarks. 3. To utter scoffs; gibe. v. –tr. To make fun of; ridicule. –jesting·ly adv.
    Yup..... Your right, Sangster is to Jest as Guru is to Turd, as Smalls is to Gottcha, as BBT is to Ya's, as SSMIKE is to BOATLESS, as 1st Timer is to Billie B., as K-Flat is to Velosity Stacks, as v-drive video is to FUGI Film, as LVJETBOY is to BS, as HUD is to Naked women, as Morg is to the Garage, as as Flyte Risk is to Coors Lite ect. ect. ect...... as posting ONLY in the morning (right) is to Billy B......Let the games begin .... JEST remember , the Winter playing field may at times get a little Ruff, Rutty, Knutty, Soggy... So "PLAYER BEWARE".... In trying to keep it Short here...."The Game is a Foot"....... and MOST of all...don't use words that other people use......

superdave013
    I hear ya Billy. It ws really hard when I was the Mod to keep this place on track.
    I also feel that when Hot Boat started deleting somesone's posts (with out me knowing) who felt he was getting screwed just ruined all the creditability of this place. Hey, if someone gets screwed I think he should be abole to tell others so it won't happen to them next.
    You know, it's not only this forum, the entier site has taken the turn for the worse if you ask me.
    Now I'm the first one to say if ya don't like it start your own site. Well that's just what we are doing. It's almost done.
    But if someone want's to go to a GREAT v drive site they should check out AZ Don & N!ck's site. They built the BEST v drive site on the web so everyone should check it out and use it.
    www.v-driveboat.com
    That site does not have all the crap that goes on here and I don't think they would put up with it. It has some people who really know their shit that are more then happy to share and help others.
    George @ Finishline posts over there and Gofastracer has always been Riverracer over there. There are others like JJ Beaver also.
    Billy, you should go over there and check it out but please leave Jim here ok.

Schiada76
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    I've had quite a few people come buy the shop and tell me that the boards aren't what they used to be. They are really funny but not as imformative as they used to be. They feel if they come on with a question that to them would be a serious one that they will be made fun of for being STUPID (Jim Anderson). Though I think there is a time and place for a good laugh (BBSP) these guys really could use a little professional help at times, so give them a chance before they give up. Just my .02
    I'm gonna prep and paint my 21 this winter and needs LOTS of advice. I figure you're the man to go to. Also do you have any extra supplies taking up floor space in the shop you want get rid of? Like maybe a bunch of sandpaper, tape, masking paper and some leftover pearl and some white Imron or = and maybe a quart of clear. Oh yeah, if I bring it by the shop will you help grind all the chitty spots out of the glass so I get it right the first time?
    Thanks in advance! You Da Man BillY!

Picklefork
    Superdave, you are sure making a lot of assumptions here. Just because someone whines on the internet doesn't mean he got skrewed, it frequently means he can't accept the consequenses of his own actions. Cruising thru threads on any site can produce an immature crybaby. And a lot of people seem to make things up. Gee, that seems to be the nature of the internet.

Kindsvater Flat
    There can be lots of useful information here. There is also lots of joking. Maybe there should be a v-drive tech forum and a regular bs one. Personally I think its KNUTTS that there is so much crap in here.
    AZDon does have a killer site. Nick did a hell of a good job!

superdave013
    Originally posted by Picklefork
    Superdave, you are sure making a lot of assumptions here. Just because someone whines on the internet doesn't mean he got skrewed, it frequently means he can't accept the consequenses of his own actions. Cruising thru threads on any site can produce an immature crybaby. And a lot of people seem to make things up. Gee, that seems to be the nature of the internet.
    Point very well taken.
    And yes, small things can get blown way out of proportion. The lynch mob mentality can take over real quick.
    But not every case is like that and people should be able to speak their mind.
    Also people should be able to respond to it.
    But I don't want to get into all of that as we all know the good and bad of internet messageboards
    The main point of my post was to give out a site for V Drives that does not have all the fakes and all the gibberish (yet) where a person would feel comfortable to ask for help or advice.

If you guys want all the bs not in vdrives I can easily make that happen. We have a bs forum called bench racers already designed just for this. What I've been trying to avoid is the feeling of a gestapo atmosphere in vdrives that becomes "not fun". We can tighten it up to strictly tech only if that's what you guys feel is best. I have no problem managing it at that level. You can PM me with comments if you like or post them either way. I'll review this thread tonight again.

Sangster
    Rexone, I agree whole heartedly and I'm sure your ultimate discision in this matter will be graciously accepted by all.....But, Theres only so much that can be Technically discussed during the Off Season..During the summer there seams to be plenty of Related material to go around..We can Stare at all the Wild V-drive pics Hud posted, but after a couple straight of weeks that, it will lose its luster also....Only so much can be said about a set of gears...Occasionally, someone posts a pics of their recently reupholstered boat seat, a few oohhs & ahhhhs and thats over...I guess what I'm tring to say is Winter Sucks Ya'll......And alittle Humor is always a good thing...Please consider the Humerous side of life while contemplating this matter...And have a couple Cold Ones also...It's good for the thought process.. P.S....If this is all about the J. Anderson thread, maybe His post should be in the bench racers forum till more than a pic of a boat that may well be someone else's is posted or it shows up somewhere ready to run......

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast