Thread: Anyone else gotta grand national

carreraboat
    Was wondering if anyone else had a buick grand national and done some performance upgrades?

HP350SC
    Yep I had an '87 t-top. Sold it to a friend of mine who still has it. I still have an unopened turbo overhaul kit and a good used exhaust housing for the stock turbo.

carreraboat
    whatta ya want for the rebuild kit?

HP350SC
    How about $50 + shipping.

Craig
    Hey carreraboat, are you a member of the GS Club of America? They have a lot of good info in thier members newsletter on the Gran Sport as well as the Gran Nationals. They have a web site at GSCA (http://www.buickgsca.com) This months newletter has an article titled "Mid To Low 11-Sec T-R Buildup" If you're not a member, I can scan it for you and e-mail it to you tomorrow. Let me know. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.
    Craig

carreraboat
    no notta a member sounds like a good club. just geting into the whole gn thing there are alot of things for those cars.I wanna build a higher than stock motor that retains relability for trips,dont wanna turn it into a drag car.i will pm you

carreraboat
    what all comes in the rebuild kit?

HOSS
    Do a search on this site. Someone posted one with twins smoking the tires on the dyno! The exhaust came out of the front fenders.

HP350SC
    Originally posted by carreraboat
    B]what all comes in the rebuild kit? [/B]
    OK found the kit. I'll just describe the pieces as I don't have the car in front of me to determine what they are. 2" & 4" dia. o-rings, wastegate?gasket, 1 bearing, 6 snap rings, 2 bronze oiled bushings, 2" dia. star washer dealio, 12 pt. locknut, and an endplate of some sort grooved and drilled. I would throw in the exhaust housing if you pay shipping. It says AIR .63 m-3. It had 34k miles on it when removed. Might be good to have as I believe the exhaust studs tend to break when removed.