Thread: Hey Tee!!!!

Craig
    Whats the deal with the little blown mouse I saw that you washed a cylinder or something. That sucks, at least I don't have to pull my motor to fix my little problem, just get off four grand So much for that 120 mph run at the Parade of Lights.
    Craig

Tee
    Yea Craig, thats what I am guessing. I had a stuck float and dumped about a quart or so of gas down the motor. I figure it washed the cylinders cause the oil pan is about a quart + too full and smells like 105 racing gas It laid down on me agian right after I got the float unstuck and ran it up on plane. I figured it was stuck again and just put it on the trailer. Didn't find it until I was winterizing 2 weeks ago. Compression is all over the map
    #1=120psi, #2=150psi, #3=110psi, #4=120psi, #5=20psi(no thats not a typo Twenty) #6=60psi, #7=110psi, #8=120psi.
    Pulling it out this weekend. See what I am up against. I am getting it down to about an hour from full running to on the engine stand.
    Anybody know of a STOCK 500HP EFI complete for sale?

DogHouse
    Bummer Tee, I feel for ya. Mine's on the stand right now too, but apparently no damage. I will throw the heads and pan back on this weekend, add a pressure relief valve in the cooling system, put it all back together and try again. Keeping my fingers crossed for no more water in the oil... I hope yours is just a simple freshen up rings/bearings deal, i.e. no big parts broken.
    -brian

pleasantcat
    craig/brian, how are you guys getting the motors out of your cats? i could take mine to work and pull it with a forklift but it would still be a mother getting it down from my truck.... i would realy hate to have my marbles hang any lower from lifting that weight, so let me know what ya do... sean
    [ November 18, 2002, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: pleasantcat ]

Tee
    Pleasantcat,
    I have a 2" pipe up in the rafters of my garage that spans 6 of them. Then a comealong centered up there is all I use to get it out and on an engine stand. Been doing that way for years. (7 of them) and it's never been a problem.
    Hope that helps. --------- T

DogHouse
    I used to use a cherry picker with the Cheetah. The Magic is too tall so I unbolted everything and took it down to Magic and paid them 65 bucks to pull it out and drop it in the back of my truck for me. I still use the cherry picker to get the heavy stuff in/out of the truck and move it around the garage. I'm about ready to drop it back in the boat so there goes another 65 bucks! I really need to come up with something like Troy is talking about but it will involve cutting a big hole in the ceiling... Something tells me that won't go over well with my better half! I would probably use a chain fall instead of the come along though.
    -brian
    [ November 18, 2002, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

Craig
    Sean, you could get yours out with a cherry picker. I have one if you need to borrow it. We've pulled the motor from Tonys 27' Baja "a couple of times" like this. Brian are you sure a picker wouldn't work on yours? How tall is your transom form top to the ground? Granted Tonys only cleared by an inch or two, but it cleared
    Craig

DogHouse
    Damn Craig, you get up too early!
    The top of the transom is about 66 inches from the ground. If I put the picker on blocks it might be tall enough, but I also have the swim step to worry about so length becomes an issue as well as height. I'll do a little more measuring before I give up.
    -brian

Craig
    Yeah, that clocks about an hour off though, it really wasn't THAT early I have to leave the house at 5 AM. I'll see what Tony's boat measures. He also has a pretty good swim platform on his boat.