Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust noise law?

Cas
    Mike,
    I heard on the news that Arnold wants to put all new proposed laws/bills on hold and also wants to look into all the new laws put into effect over the past 5 years.
    Will that delay the the new noise law or affect it in any way?

eliminatedsprinter
    That would be nice. It couldn't hurt if we called or e-mailed the gov's office and said what we thought about it.

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
    That would be nice. It couldn't hurt if we called or e-mailed the gov's office and said what we thought about it.
    Steve, you worried about the clamp-on making to much noise at B.V.

jackpunx
    add a few more MPH's to his ride.. and all you will hear is him yelling WOO HOOOOOO

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by JetBoatRich
    Steve, you worried about the clamp-on making to much noise at B.V.
    Nope, but I look out for the friends I play with.
    Besides, I may need help when the phoney eco-nazis in our legislature try to kick 2 strokes off the lakes.

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by jackpunx
    add a few more MPH's to his ride.. and all you will hear is him yelling WOO HOOOOOO
    A few more mph is always cause for a WOOO HOOOOO!

If it's for proposed and pending laws it won't affect it because the noise law was already signed into law by Davis a month or two ago. I haven't heard the news though.

Cas
    The report mentioned that the new Gov wanted to look into all bills that were signed into law over the past 5 years. Said he wanted to see who and what was behind them.
    If that's the case, I think it would be a good idea to inundate Swartzy's email box with our opinions. Even if it's not the case, having him see what the people really want might make a difference.

The problem is Cas is that the opinion of the "general population" of CA is very pro-environmentalist. That is a big reason why this bill was first proposed and passed easily through the democratic controlled legislature. This political environment has not changed on enviornmental issues just because we have a different governor. Also I've been reading that Arnold is a bit pro-environmentalist himself and sympathetic to their causes. Look for a major push in coming months by enviromentalists to impose more coastal restrictions and fishing closures along the CA coast. While these have nothing to do with boat noise, these movements come from the same groups that ramrodded the noise bill through. Also, the new J2005 noise testing procedure is already in place in 18 other states and being considered by many more. My opinion is that there's not a chance in hell this one will get overturned.

Cas
    could be true Mike but it can't hurt to try. The biggest problem I see is that people will bitch and complain to one another but very rarely take the time to bitch and complain to the proper people.
    I'm really sick and tired of hearing about how we were ramrodded.
    I'm sick and tired of being forced to do something or not to do something.
    I'm sick and tired of backing down from the little weasels that keep pushing and pushing.
    I'm sick and tired of seeing CA go into the toilet.....
    I AM going to voice my opinion if for nothing else, it'll make me feel good. Maybe I'll even invite Arnold to one of our outings to see for himself. Might be totally whacked out but ya never know until you ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast