Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have pics of Blown Fuel Jets form the past or present??

1Bahnerjet
    I'll Check, For now a Pic. of a Really Cool Mach 1
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ckers1-med.jpg

bp
    bill rathke found that hull wasting away in a field, and bought it for 300. two years later, it was "almost" like you see it here.
    if you notice, there is a section painted blue on the gunnel right next to the driver's seat. when the thing tossed him out 3 years ago, his ribs cracked the hull right there, so he got even more creative with the fix, and the blue was painted on.
    a friend of bill's bought the hull earlier this year, and i believe they're planning on bringing it out again next year with a different engine combo. it's a real work of art.

blownalky557
    Das Boot looks to be a Southwind Tunnel Dragster with the pod shortened. All the other Mach 1's that I have seen look like mine, but I am sure there are many variations out there.

I used to drive Rated X for Bill Henderson for about two years until I broke a underwater part at Long Beach Marine Stadium--landed in the hospital for about a week----also drove the Harman Marine circle boat and the Blown Fuel Hydro Californian for Tom Archibald---If you need pictures of Rated X Crashing at Long Beach, just e-mail your internet address and I'll send them to you

Post em up, lets see them!

Rated X

I will load a complete series of the same crash at Long Beach. That boat was always dangerous to drive. When you went thru the finish lights, you had to first push a button on the steering wheel that put gas into the blower so it wouldnt lean out and pop the blower. If the engine back fires thru the blower---you get wet---and Bill Henderson cries because he has to replace the blower

pictures

leave a e-mail address so I can send pictures-----cant get thru River racer

louwallman@yahoo.com

Sent you a email, you should be able to upload them to the forum as attachements. Was it not letting you? Send them to the email address i just sent you and i'll post them up!

I used to drive for Bill Henderson when he had a Wright Hull----the boat turned a 9.00 second run, but we had to idle to the lights in those days--it ran a constant 140 +---very scary to drive----if you had a blower pop, you were wet---We had another name for Bill Henderson and it was Sweet William------It was "cheap Bill". When we were on the road with the boat, he bought breakfast and said--What do you want---Bacon or Eggs-----We used to run against Dennis The Mennis, Royal Flush, and other blown fuel boats---The boat finially got me at Long Beach Marine Stadium in the lights and spent about two weeks in the Long Beach Hospital.

Lou Wallman
    louwallman@yahoo.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast