Thread: eliminator scorpion

miketsouth
    Can anyone give me some first hand info on these boats.
    Here is the story: I got to drive a 21' Daytona Eliminator this summer and kind of liked it. My little 17' Sterling will just beat the hell outta me, even in light chop, The Daytona and people say the pickleforks do better in rough water than shallow v
    The Steriing is a very forgiving, stable boat. Not much freeboard, so i'm used to that, but i can turn so hard (in smooth water) that i wonder what holds the engine in. It is also kind of worn. I want a pretty boat.
    Just wondering about the ride and handling characteristics of the Scorpion. Any inherent safety problems, ride problems.
    How about the layup, light, medium or heavy. Or did they make different ones. The one i am salivating over is a 1990.
    Any experiences would be helpfull to me and greatly appreciated.
    mikeT

1 fast okie
    i had one and now i wish i still had it. great riding and smooth handling boat even in rough water never was afraid to take it across a lake.if you get one and need some info on setting it up let me know i put alot of work and research to get mine to run like i wanted to

miketsouth
    Thanks for the much needed input
    mikeT

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    i love my daytona. always rode in my pops 18' Tahiti it beat the crap out of you in the rough stuff. Mine rides like a wet dream in comparison

Dan Risolio
    The look of the Scorpion is awesome also. I think you could do a lot worse. They are great boats.