Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of my boat

Taylorman
    Im thinking about selling my 76 Taylor SJ and looking for a dollar value. It has a rebuilt 455 this summer, with main and lifter bore oil restrictors, hv oil pump, 8 qt pan, oil drainback lines from heads to pan, dual carb tunnel ram with dooley scoop. It has a jet-o-vator, e pump, ride plate and shoe from high tech performance. Max speed is 66.8 on gps this summer. New grant steering wheel and billet shift handle from CP. Boats in great condition with only a couple scratches on the sides at the water line. Idles great and starts first crank. Here are some pictures.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P_2700-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P_2743-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P_2748-med.JPG

likwidsukr
    Taylorman, Good looking boat dude,not sure what it will bring though.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    a boat is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. good luck with the sale. make sure and get a ford or chevy next time.
    Omega

AZKC
    Hell I'll throw a number out there. Since everyone seems to be giving away boats here lately and driving prices down.
    With a decent trailer, runs good, looks good..........Bob I'll say that showcase is worth....mmmmmmmm $4200.00
    Just a number seems like ya cant give a great boat away sometimes and turds go for a fortune
    KC

Jet City
    Like the others said, its hard to know what someone would be willing to pay, but I would guess somewhere in the $4500-5500 range. The boat looks to be in outstanding cond., however the Olds engine will likely turn some folks off.

mickeyfinn
    I would say that the 4000.00 to 4500.00 is about what it would bring in this area. I agree with the comment about the olds engine. Might bring a little more with a chevy in it.

OldFaithful Squirter
    Biggest question is how much will you take for it? I have a buddy whom just purchased a 1979 Taylor SJ like your for 3600.00 and it was super clean, it too had a 455 Olds Moby. So you tell me how much for your SJ, if you want to sell it?

Jake W
    Taylor man most SJs I see do not go for under 4000 and that is really not a lot for all the person gets.Just rember every one wants something for nothing .Take my boat that is on hear for sale I am asking 1200 and if I add up the stuff in cluding just the materals for paint it all most comes to 4000 bucks and that is being easy on figures I paid alot more than that.Not to offend any one I have people calling asking how many hair line cracks there are granted the person buying the boat SHOULD know every thing they want to about it you could not even buy the seats and rigging that the boat will come with for 1200.But like Omega it is only worth what some one wants to pay for it .I say if you really want to sell it put it in the boat trader for you try state area it stays in there untill you want it out or it sells.Good luck bro
    Jake

matt1
    Dude hate to see ya sell it but dont take a penny less than $5000,dont for get to mention the $1000.00 in stainless tubing bolts and hardware some one will snatch it up for 5 grand around here even if it has an Olds.:cry:

slalomskier
    Taylorman what a cool ride! I just want to know why you are thinking about selling. Are you going to get another jet if you do sell? I've seen a lot of jets for sale posted lately. Is everyone tired of jets? I love mine and won't be selling anytime soon! I think it should be worth $5k easy. I've seen some boats (pos) that thay want between $3-$4k. good luck if you decide to sell.
    Larry
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    WHEN IN DOUBT=======GAS IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast