Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Truth now

Kim Hanson
    Does seem to be normal for a v-drive, would this be called slow..It's all stock and I never got to gps her yet, tell me please (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../72no_fear.MPG)

Kim, what kind of carb do you have on it. A holley 750 double pumper would work good on a stocker. A real low gear would help too!

Kim Hanson
    Originally posted by Hud
    Kim, what kind of carb do you have on it. A holley 750 double pumper would work good on a stocker. A real low gear would help too!
    Just by that video, does it seem somewhat fast? I seen some fast shit on here and I'am only wondering...mine a turtle?.....( . )( . ).........

Kim, Speed is relevant. Plus your video doesn't really do much for judging what speed your going. Are you asking if 80mph is slow for example? ... compared to a 140 mph boat, yes. Compared to a average older flatbottom you'd typically find on the lake, probably not. And I'm not suggesting your boat is 80mph, just a number I picked. You need to check it with radar or GPS then figure out what you want to compare it to. If you need any help btw feel free to PM me any time. You need some basis of hard info though before anyone can give you meaningful answers depending on what you're trying to achieve with the boat.

BigBoyToys
    Originally posted by Kim Hanson
    Just by that video, does it seem somewhat fast? I seen some fast shit on here and I'am only wondering...mine a turtle?.....( . )( . ).........
    Kim, what Rexone said is absolutely correct. Speed is relevent. If you are happy with it and the speeds that you get out of it, it is fast. SOme of these guys on this board have some A$$kicking boats that are waayyy faster than I want to go (or can afford to go) but I am happy with it so that's all that matters. If you are happy with what you have and how fast it is, then it is fast. If you want to go faster, I just saw that the motor that JetBoatGuru was running with in the PGF class in the "Abyss" is for sale. It's only $20,000.00 and I'm sure that it's worth every penny of it and it will add a few MPH to your GPS for sure

Kim,
    No BS here, the video is dark and poor quality so it is difficult to see the boat. By listenening to it I would guess that it is not seeing anything above 5500 rpms. I can only assume that is has near an 18 gear. In my opinion, you have a boat that is running between 65 and 75mph. It is bouncing the whole way which means it does not have enough power to carry the nose. That will scrub speed. That is what it seems to me.
    Tony

Kim seriously,
    I am going to adjust my first numbers I put out. I think it is going between 55-65mph. Is it coughing when you hit the gas or stumbling?

Kindsvater Flat
    Kim.....My 440 turns 6400rpm with 19% gear and an 11.5x16 prop. My speed is in the 80's. I wish I had 12% gears for it but for a lake boat its fine. I have a smaller 2 blade prop but never tried it.

Kim Hanson
    Originally posted by Jetboatguru
    Kim seriously,
    I am going to adjust my first numbers I put out. I think it is going between 55-65mph. Is it coughing when you hit the gas or stumbling?
    Shitty microphone on my camera, it runs great.....( . )( . ).........

Kindsvater Flat
    Just for info Kim. I weighed my boat and trailer on a scale and it came out to 3300 lbs. Figure a 1000lbs +/- for the trailer and that boat is heavy compared to the newer flats. Basically is means it takes alot more hp to go faster compared to the lighter wieght of newer boats. I dumped a lot of money in my motor to get where its at and it ain't much more than a ski boat.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast