Thread: Trim Tabs ?

Bad Meds
    I am looking to put some Trim Tabs on my 23' eliminator . Anyone have any suggestions on brand. I don't really need any billet ones. I'm just looking for good quality and performance.This boat is pretty lazy out of the hole and when it is loaded the bow stays up to long for my taste. Thanks for the help !
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/185elim1-med.JPG[/img]

OLDRAT
    I have used Bennetts (made in Florida) on my 23 Webbcraft big block for 13 years and have had good luck under normal boating conditions in the mid 60 mph range. You can get them black powder coated with single or dual rams. West Marine,
    etc. sells them
    The cost won't tear your head off; around $500-600 for the set complete.....easy install.
    Would love to have the high end tabs, but $2K is
    a lot for inland boating.
    Trim-master in St. Louis also makes a good tab for smaller boats.
    Good Luck,
    Oldrat

MAXIMUS
    K-planes

playdeep
    There is a lot of difference between the Bennets and a set of k-tabs...
    I have owned boats with each.
    I would try and find a used set of K-planes if you don't want to spend alot(offshoreonly.com).

gnarley
    I've got Lenco electrics on mine, black powder coated & with the trimdicator they were about $800. You can also get them a bit longer than recommended by the mfg. I really like them & no hydraulic fluid to clean up.

SBullet
    Bad Meds,
    I have Dana Tabs on my Nordic 25' Rage!!! They are the best tabs out there and are a lot cheaper then K-planes!!

drbones
    Sorry but I have to say bennett...Tabman over at bennetts is the best..he will bend over backwards to help you...
    I have 13 year old bennetts and they still work perfect..no leaks..no problems...

h2oski2fast
    I would go over to www.fastboats.info and talk with "martiniboat", he makes an extended tab that fits to the Bennett dual ram system. He can probably set you up with the system.