Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CircleJerk & V-Drive Video

1Bahnerjet
    CircleJerk, a Picture of Gone Broke from the Side (you asked for this in Huds Wild V-Drives)
    V-Drive Video, and here it is in Bench Racers where you asked it to be put.
    Have Fun And Happy Thanksgiving
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...tice_2-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...er1974-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rich_1-med.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO

1Bahnerjet
    1974 was a Very Good Year for Lavey Craft, as they Won all Four A.P.B.A. Runabout Classes.
    Super Stock Class, Paul "Grich" Grichar in Gone Broke.
    SK Class, Mario Squillace in Carol Lynn.
    ERR Class, Bud Murphy in Go For Broke.
    K Class, Vic Van Ella in Trojan Ghost.
    All Lavey's
    (This is not an Endorsement, But a Quote out of Race Boat Mag.)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Bahner,
    All my old boat rags are in storage right now or maybe I'd take a look, and even at that, the only one I might check would be the "K" points for the year. Either way I don't really care.
    My point on the subject was... I believe the "B" boat is the King of circle racing. CJ, will say the lavey. I think the Lavey is an awesome boat that definately made its mark in history.
    Julian raised the bar with the Biesemeyer and the proof of that is..."B" boats remain the #1 choice of the fastest circle boat racers to this day.

1Bahnerjet
    V-Drive Video,
    Your Word is Good Enough for me. How do I get on the Mailing List for River Rats 2 ?
    The Following Was a Question Posted on the Jet Board (no I don't know Why) do you Remember this Guy?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just wondering if anyone has information or pics. of an old blown alcohol flat v-drive called "more wheaties". Drivers name was Dave Robanski. He recently passed away and was an acquaintance of mine up here in the NW. I thought I remember him saying he had the record at 140ish mph at the time. I'm guessing in the 80's? Sad circumstances of his passing. He went hunting and slipped and fell in a ravine. Made it to his truck, drove home and went to bed. Next morning still hurting so he went to the hospital. He had internal injuries and didn't make it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I believe your referring to an inquirey by Mr. Voodoocanoe. I did receive a p.m. from him.

HP350SC
    Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
    V-Drive Video,
    Your Word is Good Enough for me. How do I get on the Mailing List for River Rats 2 ?
    The Following Was a Question Posted on the Jet Board (no I don't know Why) do you Remember this Guy?
    Just wondering if anyone has information or pics. of an old blown alcohol flat v-drive called "more wheaties". Drivers name was Dave Robanski. He recently passed away and was an acquaintance of mine up here in the NW. I thought I remember him saying he had the record at 140ish mph at the time. I'm guessing in the 80's? Sad circumstances of his passing. He went hunting and slipped and fell in a ravine. Made it to his truck, drove home and went to bed. Next morning still hurting so he went to the hospital. He had internal injuries and didn't make it.
    Whoops...I logged on and went to the "view recent posts" and didn't notice it was the jet forum. And no, I'm not voodoocanoe.

CircleJerk
    Great pics Ban... and an addition to my circle boat history lesson. That overhead shot points out their unusual shape. If you notice how wide the center is in comparison to the transom. I think 52 inches is the cav plate width. Kinda looks like a hydroplane shape. As I am told by some of Laveys drivers, the boat hops on occasion and at some speed over 80 will take an additional hop set and literally fly on its butt. Almost 10 miles an hour is gained after that last hop. I dont go fast enough yet to speak first hand, {eat your heart out JG, I can still beat Hondos} but I hope to experience this next year with the new mill. Others tell me that bringing the boat into the turn while flying so high is what separated the men from the boys. Some could and some couldnt. At our slower speeds, I think I can out corner any flat if bravery prevails. In conclusion, if you know of a running Lavey, talk the owner into driving it and put it into a hard corner. Dont take a perfect jerks opinion as fact. And its true the trojan ghost was not competitive for any length of time and maybe it was the competition that allowed it to win one or two. They are just too narrow for supercharged power. Give the hull some credit where credit is due, they did spank a lot of other brands in the 70s and Alex Lavey stood by his product. By the way, that Carol Lynn Lavey is for sale. Lets just see what next year brings.
    Now that More Wheaties boat, I thought was driven by Lee Oglesbee out of Albany Oregon. We bought the blown Rodeck from him in the 80s. Jeff, the new owner may shed some light if he sees this. I remember a 142mph record painted on its side. Thanks Bahner! Youre not just another pretty jet owner!

Kindsvater Flat
    Bahner.... just go check out v-drivevideo.com and we will keep you up to date with whats going on. Still adding and changing.

1Bahnerjet
    Thanks K-Flat
    And a Few more for the CircleJerk
    In the Trojan Ghost Pic on Bottom, Driver Use's the Motor as a Backrest (Crazy)
    These Pics. Really should be on the V-Drive Board, What do you say Rexone ?
    (To read Small print go to Image center, my Gallery, make it Bigger)
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...avall4-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...eyall4-med.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast