Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOT RPM ???

bordsmnj
    mercury's web sit has this one dealeo where you can punch in the type of boat you have, length weight type of motor, etc. and it'll tell yuh about what prop to be running."prop selector" or something like that. on the other hand when you replaced your merc with a GM crate motor i think all their numbers go out the window. un- less for some reason you know what your Hp at the prop is. crate motor won't be the same torque(which merc won't give you info on-torque curves are a closely guarded thing)hp and WOT rpm range as a merc. all this crap matters big time as far as i can tell.blah blha blah bla. did that help? anyhow -another 2 cents
    [ June 28, 2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

Wetter the Better
    I've been to the site and they say 19 pitch and its should run 49.7 would be the top speed,but ive been 52.3gps with the stock stuff.and thay also dont go back far enough in the years for me,Here the thing thats really cool my buddy has a 02 23'Baja w/ a 7.4L and his top speed is only 61mph and i have a small block runn right with him now.I also hope when i go to stainless and change pitch i can run at least 60 if not more.
    Thanks Stan

bordsmnj
    stainless makes a surprising difference.oh, and in my opinion 3 blades suck. at least on my boat a four blade handles waaay better. dodn't know if i put that up there or not. i ment to in my last post.

77charger
    i have a 350 mag 21 ft eliminator alpha drive.I run 59-60 at 4800 rpm w/ a labed 21p 3 3blade.The 3 blade is better for top speed and bow lift(boardsmj you should give a 23p a try)
    I tried a 4 blade 22 last week at havasu a little to big but it pulled 4700 rpm but only 54 mph compared to the 3 blades 4800 @59mph.It also gets out of the hole very good seems to be a good all around prop.The 4 blades are better for heavier boats and provide stern lift also better in the turns
    3 blade mid to top end
    4 blade low end to top of midrange

bordsmnj
    yeah i wanna try a three blade 23 just to see if the motor will swing it. was gonna try one sunday but the guy forgot it. oh,well i was suposed to call him sat to remind him but i forgot to do that. i reallly like the revelution(4 blade) series prop tried the 19 just a little small i think the 21 is gonna be killer. getting my 22 back from being worked on thursday.

77charger
    I am sure you can swing the three blade 23.Ask rtjas about the rev 4 his boat was looking good aired out.i think he tried the 23p.youi have the 6.2 right? the rev 4 from what i know has a smaller diameter i would like to try the 21p since the 22 was a little tall(bigger diameter too)W/ my 21p(3 blade mirage labbed) i have 6-7% slip which is damn good prop guy told me dont mess with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12