Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beezer Setup?

nelsonf
    Hey guys just getting ready to think about putting the Motor in my boat it will be approx 500 HP 6500 RPM the boat has 18's and a 11 1/2 16 right now just wondering what you think for motor placement and gears here is a picture of the boat thanks
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...000222-med.jpg

blownmoney
    nelson, i'm thinking 36 inches from the transom is where you need to be unless your setting it up for the circle races then i have no clue, some one on here will let you know..

blownmoney
    36 from the back of the motor to the back of the transom

BILLY.B
    Normal setup would be around 34 to 36 inches from the inside of the transom to the back of the block for the HP your talking about. A SS will put out about 600 to 615 HP and they run anywhere from an 18 to a 22 gear depending on the race course. Are you going to be running off the flywheel or the snout??. Not that it matters just wondering. As far as gear goes I would put a 12 gear with a 11 1/4x141/2 or 15 if the motor will pull it. A Biesemeyer that is over geared and underpowered will hop instead of taking a set, not enough hp to hold the nose. Just my .02..

nelsonf
    Thanks for the replys guys. Billy that is prob what was wrong with the boat before from what i understand it would not take a set. Again thasnks for the help oh and it will be running off the flywheel

GofastRacer
    Mine is 34" from the transom and that is the same as it was when it was a "K"!..

fastvdriver
    78 biesemeyer 36 from the trans to the plate and 96 to the v-drive plate to the transom. you should run off the balancer instead of the flywheel just my .02

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by GofastRacer
    Mine is 34" from the transom and that is the same as it was when it was a "K"!.. A K boat with the same set up as a SS. Did that mean it had the same H.P. ??? LOL J/K

BILLY.B
    Nelson, what is the length of the cav plate from the transom to the end of the plate??. We shortened up one that was on the exact same hull as yours and it seemed to calm to boat way down. Went form a 9" plate to a 7" plate, same thing as moving the strut back, just easier.

GofastRacer
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    A K boat with the same set up as a SS. Did that mean it had the same H.P. ??? LOL J/K
    LOL, nope I just put the motor where it was to begin with!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast