Thread: 21' V-Drive For Sale

Costello
    Here's the deal Fellas (.....and Ladies too, as it might make a good Christmas present for your fella )
    I just sold my home, and am in the process of wrapping up a deal on another place, so for the moment I'm....... dare I say it??..... HOMELESS!!!! My boat is being stored (outside w/cover) and my new ranch does not have a shop or barn built yet. I'd prefer to just let my V-Drive cruiser go to a nice new home at a FIRE SALE price, than deal with it for the moment.
    So what is it you ask Some of the dudes here have followed it's progress or seen it in person. In fact Jetboatguru and I went to pick it up logging in 1000 miles in a day. The Guru has since enjoyed a few pleasure trips on this rig, and can back me up in assuring you that it's not junk.
    On the other hand if you are looking for something to take to the Oakland Roadster Show, turn the page. This is a 21 year old boat totally original, in real nice shape for it's age. You can walk on the deck without worrying about anything, spill a beverage without any grief etc. The seats are original Rootbeer Brown and have 3 or 4 snags that have been repaired with that booger snot stuff you see on TV. It's just a nice turn the key V-Drive that you can run all day long after hitting the gas station. If you want to do the Superdave 013 type of transformation, that's OK, as it's a prime candidate for that too it's very sound structurally. I hope by now you're kinda gettin' the picture. Speaking of pictures, I don't have any at the moment, they are on my hard drive and my stuff is all in storage. Look at it this way, the Guru and I drove 500 miles 1 way to buy it sight unseen, and when we got there 2 other dudes were lined up waiting for us to not buy it, as they were ready to buy it themselves. It was blown up back then, I've since added a rebuilt long block to it. So......................Here's the vital stats:
    1982 (rigged in 89) Deaver-Di Marco 21' V-drive cruiser. About 20-30 hours on fresh 461ci Chevy. Turbo 400 trans, 10 degree split case Casale with 22%OD, Menkens 12 x 14 steel 3 blade. I had it on dragboats.com for a couple months @ $9500, perhaps you saw it there. Had a couple of tire kickers, but no buyers. I bought it for $6500 blown up not to mention the fresh motor, misc. other doo-dads, and countless hours I put into her as I was going through it.. You can own it for $7,000. Come and get it in the Sacramento area before I move to Red Bluff in a week or so. Give me a call if interested @ (916) 257-0106.

Highlimit9000
    Any Pics? I may have someone interested...

Costello
    As I said above Corleone, everything I own (except some clothes) is in storage, including my hard drive with pix and my photo albums. In fact, I realized the other day that the title to the boat and trailer is also in storage, but is clean and up to date.

Kindsvater Flat
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Seems like a good deal..
    Wish I had the cash for it.
    RD
    You realize how much you would own Dave if you had the cash?:eek!:

Beautiful Noise
    I sure wish I could see a Pic Just to give me some idea of what it look's like,Did you have any pic's up at Dragboat.com maybe they are still there when was this?

Costello
    It's been maybe 3 weeks or so since Randy pulled the plug on the ad over there. I wish I had a picture to show you; and I do, but I just cannot access them at the moment.

smalls
    Originally posted by Costello
    It's been maybe 3 weeks or so since Randy pulled the plug on the ad over there. I wish I had a picture to show you; and I do, but I just cannot access them at the moment.
    Cost, Were are you located? I will be driving though SAC tomorrow And could posilbly take some shots of your Cruiser??????
    Shoot me a pm,,,,,,,

Beautiful Noise
    Originally posted by smalls
    And could posilbly take some shots of your Cruiser??????
    I'd be real interested in see them

Costello
    Basically it's sold guys. John (the new owner) is coming to get her on Thursday and then head to CFW. You'll all get a chance to see whatchya missed up there. Thanks though for the offer Smalls.

Beautiful Noise
    Originally posted by Costello
    Basically
    Does this mean I still have a chance??? Congrat's to the New Owner