Thread: 2-speed questions

Sangerboy
    Going to go test the boat tomorrow, this will be my first experience with a Lenco, I just wanted to make sure everything was in order like
    1. What type of lubrication does it use?
    2. How much should be in it? and
    3. How do you check the fluid level?
    Thanks, Greg (BTW I see you made it home safely eraser, I'm still full, that was some good eatin )

cal***boat
    LENCO EQUIPMENT COMPANY
    6470 FEDERAL BLVD.
    LEMON GROVE, CA. 91945
    (800) 854-2944 Outside California
    (619) 287-2500 Inside California

fastvdriver
    call Lenco and ask for scott he will give you the answers that you are looking for
    not sure if your 2 speed is like my clutch (also a lenco) I was told to us a 20 sae and put in 1 qt. have you checked the pull over on the lenco yet? should be about 50 LBS.

Sangerboy
    Thanks for the help guys, I got it all sorted out and tested the boat yesterday, everything worked perfectly . After further research and enlightenment(thanks guru) only the bellhousing was a Lenco the tranny itself is an Owens.

whiskey & water
    Hey sangerboy just a little tip , went your in first gear and you happen to need to get out of it dont get back into it until you shift it into second or you will roll your sprags

Sangerboy
    Originally posted by whiskey & water
    Hey sangerboy just a little tip , went your in first gear and you happen to need to get out of it dont get back into it until you shift it into second or you will roll your sprags
    Thanks- any tips are well appreciated

fastvdriver
    heres a pic of the pull over that I got from Lencohttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/573boat_001-med.jpg

Fired Up
    Sangerboy,
    Glad to hear you had a good day on the Lake. The ranger leave you alone? I picked up that 1050/Intake combo....get your Alum heads yet? Like to try your heads if the offer still stands.
    Fired Up