Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A little history

BILLY.B
    I'll have to go back to my old mags and ck this out. All's I remember is the bouy deal and then Rick driving and flipping. Sorry for the "WRONG" word coming on so strong, I must have my dates reversed.

Get this shit straight Billy. Your words might affect the outcome of world events.

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by Rexone
    Get this shit straight Billy. Your words might affect the outcome of world events. I know, the world get's pretty heavy at times . As you must know, running that multi "BILLION" dollar a year corporation known as REX MARINE!!!!!

hondo sanger
    billy is that same rex marine, that is out of catalogue. 365
    days year. HA HA AL

bigkatboat
    Ray Casselli, ran out of Finish Line Engineering. Every type of hull he ran, always had his own (strut, fin) hardware (007), and Finish Line cavitation hardware. I think Ray Capaldi has a 'shot' at the fastest BFF too. Didn't the (all of) Kurtis molds come from Kindsvater originally? (Mako too?). Danny Vachell (sp?) Mr. "T" shirt brought a TR 2 to Howard Brown and wanted to go "light and fast" When you talk about 'drivers of the flat' I must say Jerry 'The Hammer' Hanks took more than his share of punnishment in MR. COLE'S (uncontrolable) POS. In an open boat Kirt Stewart, has the 'touch'. Jimmy Laricca (sp?) was Syndicate Boats. Sorry for the disjointed thoughts, I'm old!

Kindsvater Flat
    How much was Harold Kindsvater involved in drag boat racing? I keep hearing it come up more and more.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Kindsvater Flat
    Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
    :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:
    I know he built boats until 80-81. He still builds props for the dragboats. I never heard his name brought up until now with Eddie Hill and so on.

haulina29
    I dont see any post that ties Eddie Hill to Harold I do see one that says the original Texan was a Kindsvater which is fact . The boat was anchiet when Eddie was running it , I have no clue who rigged it .Dennys t shirt company was called Bootleg not sure what mr t shirt means , Denny worked for Howard for years and I do not what his involvement was in splashing the Cole , Denny was killed driving his Mako called Flat Outta Sight. As far as Casselli goes his early boats were built before finsh line existed and I always thought his boats were factory built Hondo fuelers? I dont dispute that they had some finish line harware in them because I had a late 70s model that was built at the factory and it had some finish line hardware in it , but to say he ran out of finsh line would be a bold statement. please correct me if I am wrong ! Hammer was fun to watch also Toby Slagel and Marvin Savage out of Texas in the Wild Child BAF

bigkatboat
    Finish Line was started in 1958, Ray and Leonard Fulkerson were friends on and off the track. Ray ran other brands of boat before Hondo's and they too had Finish Line hardware. When Leonard could not make it out to the races, Ray would take the display that had 007, and Finish Line hardware on it, with him. He would set it up and (time permitting) answer questions for potential customers in Leonard's behalf. Everyone knows that the driver's names were tied to the boat brands (in those days) because very little outside sponsorship of drag boats was available. Most owners paid their own way! As the "shoe" pedal was reaching it's limit as to leverage and control, the "Trimetric" type foot control became the 'deal' and with the advent of the 'up pedal', another part of history was written. Many boats over the years have been associated with various brands or products, but with further investgation you will find MANY of those famous names had help from other sources. Often competitors in the same class would help others who were in a 'rough spot' and in turn they would be helped when they needed it. They asked for no recognition for their good deeds, they just wanted good, safe racing. Danny never got to race the boat he wanted from Howard, I don't even think he saw the first hull out of the mold. Sorry for the error on the 'T' shirt deal, I used Steve Loporccio and didn't really know Danny.