Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: A little history

Fiat48
    Originally posted by haulina29
    I dont see any post that ties Eddie Hill to Harold I do see one that says the original Texan was a Kindsvater which is fact . The boat was anchiet when Eddie was running it , I have no clue who rigged it .Dennys t shirt company was called Bootleg not sure what mr t shirt means , Denny worked for Howard for years and I do not what his involvement was in splashing the Cole , Denny was killed driving his Mako called Flat Outta Sight. As far as Casselli goes his early boats were built before finsh line existed and I always thought his boats were factory built Hondo fuelers? I dont dispute that they had some finish line harware in them because I had a late 70s model that was built at the factory and it had some finish line hardware in it , but to say he ran out of finsh line would be a bold statement. please correct me if I am wrong ! Hammer was fun to watch also Toby Slagel and Marvin Savage out of Texas in the Wild Child BAF
    Denny Vachal's new lightweight boat crashed final round Red Bluff 1986.

haulina29
    Ray did have a couple anchient flats in the early days from the mid sixties on Ray only ran Hondos . I remember the finsh line displays well they didnt start showing up till 69 or 70 the display that is . When i was a kid i used to push the pedals in the display and steal the stickers . By the way the hardware in my hondo was marked 007 also a finish line trade mark .I have an awsome autographed picture from Ray that he did for me at the stadium in 69 . it hangs on the wall in my office . Yes Denny was killed at Redbluff as stated the boat was fairly new but it did have several races behind it , the boat previous was a Howard also named Flat Outta Sight . Dennys stuff was first class even by todays standards he ran baddass all aluminum hemis polished to the max , Vale paint on the truck, trailer, boat etc first class all the way Denny was a big loss .

OutCole'd
    What about the Deaver Hulls? Nitro Express & Nitro Bandit and Billy the Kid? Not to mention lots of others. When I was going to the drags, in the 80's they were always competitive.

haulina29
    Brad Tuttle and Bill Todd kicked butt in Deavers , The Nitro Express I remeber was a Kurtis driven by Brads brother Dexter Tuttle , anybody remeber Dexter running over 200 on a liscense pass in Nitro Express and putting it on the beach at the far end Ming?

OutCole'd
    Brad Tuttle and Bill Todd kicked butt in Deavers , The Nitro Express I remeber was a Kurtis driven by Brads brother Dexter Tuttle , anybody remeber Dexter running over 200 on a liscense pass in Nitro Express and putting it on the beach at the far end Ming?
    Yea, I remember, I was there. I grew up with Cliff Deaver, Gene's Son. And you are right about Dexter.

BILLY.B
    Ray did have a couple anchient flats in the early days from the mid sixties on Ray only ran Hondos . I remember the finsh line displays well they didnt start showing up till 69 or 70 the display that is . When i was a kid i used to push the pedals in the display and steal the stickers . By the way the hardware in my hondo was marked 007 also a finish line trade mark .I have an awsome autographed picture from Ray that he did for me at the stadium in 69 . it hangs on the wall in my office . Yes Denny was killed at Redbluff as stated the boat was fairly new but it did have several races behind it , the boat previous was a Howard also named Flat Outta Sight . Dennys stuff was first class even by todays standards he ran baddass all aluminum hemis polished to the max , Vale paint on the truck, trailer, boat etc first class all the way Denny was a big loss . Denny's last boat was a Mako as stated but only had a few laps on it. I painted the last one and I remember when we were rubbing the boat out how much it flexed. Denny did have first class stuff, in fact we painted the trailer to match the boat exactly.

Kurtis500
    I thought that particular boat was called the 'Crusader Rabbit'

haulina29
    Billy I appolgize for that as soon as I saw your name it hit me that you had painted the last boat and it was awsome ! Wouldnt you say along with Dago Red probably one of the nicest built in that era . I had gone down and picked up some shirts and coat s the week before he was killed we went to lunch and ran over to KB,S and that was the last time i saw, him truly a messed up deal . Anyways Billy that trailer was bad ass just my 0.2

BILLY.B
    Billy I appolgize for that as soon as I saw your name it hit me that you had painted the last boat and it was awsome ! Wouldnt you say along with Dago Red probably one of the nicest built in that era . I had gone down and picked up some shirts and coat s the week before he was killed we went to lunch and ran over to KB,S and that was the last time i saw, him truly a messed up deal . Anyways Billy that trailer was bad ass just my 0.2 No need to apologize, Dick Vale had painted alot of stuff for Denny and had always done a great job. Denny was just after a different look and we hooked up. Denny was really after detail and hidden stuff in the paint job, plus his exact words to me were "I WANT IT TO LOOK SUPER CLEAN AND FAST, KINDA LIKE A FUNNY CAR PAINT JOB". I loved the polished block. And I think your right, Denny and Dago Red always had BITCHEN stuff. Do remember a boat racer named Danny Fox??. His boat was called War Paint, and it was raced in the late 70's early 80's and it would of held up against any of the above boats. Brodie would of loved it, it was a SANGER with the squared of deck on the drivers side.

jgxxx69
    You guys seem to know alot about flattys! Maybe you could help me out?I've got an 1970 18' aquacraft w/casale v-drive and bbc. I've been told that it was one of the fastest boats in parker during its time, but who knows, you know how people talk. Anyways , I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the hull and the manufacture. I can't seem to find anything about it. Any help would be greatful. I'll be in Laughlin on 1-15-2004 w/the boat, I want to take it out a couple of times before it goes up for sale.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast