Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: A little history

garrett
    Bob Garner in his miller flatbottom 1967.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...r_flat-med.jpg

garrett
    Boat Drags 1967. Bob Garner and his miller bottom left.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...7races-med.jpg

coolchange
    Second shirt down on the right "ONDALAY". I used to own that boat. John Anons ride. JDA "J drains" as they used to be called.

garrett
    coolchange,
    damn, thats cool. so how was it driving panic mouse?

jgxxx69
    Thanks for the help. I've been looking for info. under wickens and aquacraft but still can't find out any info. I'll be trying to post some pictures up in the next couple of days to see if anybody recognizes the boat. I think it still has the o.g. paint on it w/the name (andiamo), which who knows what that means?

bigkatboat
    Ray Casselli did run Guasti's and I think one other brand? (before going Hondo), but what the hell. I only 'officially' got involved in 1976 ( racing boats since 1969). By the way, 007 was RAY"S brand name! I'll sit back and let you tell me about the company history, of Finish Line Engineering. Then I'll tell YOU about it's future. P S, if we need any input (true history) from Stanley Drake, I'll ask him to respond. He is a local friend and has a world of information that is truly remarkable.

bigkatboat
    I would like to find an ALL GLASS Bob Warren Hurricane. I feel they were the most WELL FINISHED hulls around So. Calif. in the 60's and 70's. I had a S--t load of flat bottoms back then, but my Hurricane was the boat I loved the best, it NEVER had any cracks, even after I sold it (6 years later) the next two owners reported no cracks. All my friends said it looked like an 'old boat' just before I "blew by them" with my single carb, 510 Chevy. I've had blown 'runners' and all the rest, but that Hurricane was the "best boat" I ever had, I wish I had not sold it! (kicking myself while typing) Thank you Bob, and Steve!

garrett
    This is the second unblown gas miller to hit the 100 mark. The first was Ed Johnson's unblown gas miller in 1959, he was running a SEVEN DEGREE strut and was covered in hot rod magazine. We wish we still had the article. The boat was a little to loose. so Dave stuck with 9 degree struts in his flatbottoms for a safer ride.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...alholt-med.jpg

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast