Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would this sell???

Cole
    I have been kicking around an idea for some time and it would involve enclosing a boat and trailer....
    People enclose their toys with.. "toy haulers,"
    and people have been building up there trailers for transporting sea doos/jet skis.....
    My plan is too build an enclosure around "your" existing trailer.
    We would have zippered 5' plastic panels that can be zipped up or down.
    In the "down" position, this would completely enclose your boat from the elements, These panels can be rolled into the "up" position, for launching, working on the motor or even just washing your boat!
    The top will also be covered with a high grade plastic to protect your boat from the sun....the side panels could also have plastic 2x4 windows for viewing.
    I want your opinion and ideas!!!!!!!!
    good or bad!!!!!!
    do you think this idea could sell?????
    here's a quick sketch.....

Cole
    picture...

75_Elim
    That is too funny !! I've had that same idea for years! Good luck with it.

twistedpair
    I think that is a great idea. Perfect for guys like me who have to store their boats outside. I would try to incorporate something to protect the tires also.

jackpunx
    I'll take one.. can you do anything about the front/bottom of boat .. (towing) ?

Back To Havasu
    I'd buy one. Keep us informed on your progress.

mirvin
    Is it towable or just for storage?

HavasuDreamin'
    I think you could potentially have a lot of customers outside of the southwest. It rains more everywhere else and that is a problem for guys who like to keep their machines (polished aluminum, etc.) clean all the time. I would buy one if you could do the following:
    1. Make the whole assembly including supports removable, not just the 5' panels. The supports are just too butt ugly to be left on all the time (plus I wouldn't need it to go to the local ramp). This could be accomplished by welding some sort of small brackets to the underside of the trailer where the bottom supports could slide in and out of the brackets. The vertical supports could attach to the lower supports, etc. Your kit could include brackets, supports, and cover.
    2. Angle the front a little for less drag.
    3. Install electrical outlet for blender. J/K
    Good Idea.

Cole
    The sides will be sturdy enough to tow with....you have seen the car transports, they are made from durable heavy duty plastic!!
    But the front is still the problem....we could put a "cap" like they have in the front of toy haulers but it wouldn't make the boat accessible front the front.
    The bottom would be open, no flooring at all...that way when you launch or pick up the boat it will be open to drain.

Cole
    The whole assembly would be removable ... imagine spaced every five feet would be a
    reciever(like on your truck) the 2x2 in poles would slip into the receiver like your hitch and extend 6-8' high...depending on how tall you want your enclosure....the receiver is "L" shaped extending 2" from your trailer....and you would simply assemble our walls!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast