Thread: Hey mister289...

Havasu Hangin'
    ...how are things overseas? Any boats?

beached1
    A hell of a lot better than 29 Palms I bet.
    .......Mister289 LOL!

mister460
    Funny you ask HH! I just got back from a weekend of wakeboarding and drinking on the north part of the island. But it was behind a mid-eighties Seaswirl with a 150 horse eggbeater. But we had a good time. There are no "real" boats over here though. I've seen three cars with V-8's since I've been here. I miss my baby. She's sitting up in Washington collecting leaves right now right next to my truck. Can't wait to get back and take them both out for a weekend or two. How's the weather there? It was 75 and sunny all weekend here!!

Havasu Hangin'
    Well I'm glad to hear you're getting your boating "fix" taken care of (even if it is behind an eggbeater). Not alot of American iron over there, eh?
    Typical winter here...it's cooled down to the 60's, and we got some showers yesterday, but we deperately need the rain. I think you have the better weather over there, vs 29 Palms.
    So do ya think that Ford will fire up when you get back? Or will you need to put a Chevy in it?
    So what's your ETA? Are you coming back to 29 Palms, or back home? BTW...the river is farther from Washington than 29 Palms...

spectras only
    Andy , you must be pretty busy overseas ,since you haven't posted for long. The weather is still pretty mild here [no wakeboarding though] with lots of fog in the mornings.You could only see the tip of the space needle until noon. I've read it once there was a cult in japan collecting old big v-8's like cadillacs ,lincolns and the like in the past ,but the prize of gas keeps them in their garages all the time and you only see them in shows.I think yamaha built a boat with a lexus v-8 engine .The japanese must be thrifty and not buying boats either with v-8's .Btw how is the geishas treating you wink ?

mister460
    Well, if the Ford doesn't fire up I have plenty of resources to make it work. I'm planning on cutting the deck off during the winter and completely redo everything (stringers, floor, swap to a Berkeley pump, etc.). I have even played with the idea of splashing the hull and building one with an outdrive on it. Sacrilege for a jetter, I know. Attila, I've seen a few of those "cult" cars over here. Some of the local civilians that work in my shop are into racing and the conversations always turn to big blocks and American iron. The girls over here are pretty nice but it's tough sometimes to find one that speaks good enough "Engrish" to carry on a conversation with. Not that much conversation is needed though.... When I leave here I will be going back home to Washington. I should be honorably discharged come next July. With Havasu that far from WA it just gives me another reason for some road trips! I hope to make OP6C in '04. I am coming home for Christmas though. I'll be in B'ham from the 24th through the 7th of Jan. You gonna be around Attila? Maybe a winter cruise is in order. I tried to find some time to make it up to Vancouver when I was home in August but the beer and girls were keeping me busy.

spectras only
    Andy, I'll be around for sure, don't know about the ride,it's getting chilly with the puny windshield on my boat.However if the temp goes over 12-4 celsius it's feasible .I'm itching to try out my repitched prop.

mister460
    So you got all your stuff done on your 24'? Cool! I'll make time to come up there anyway and check it out. You still got you Spectra jet? I vaguely remember you saying something about getting rid of one of them.

spectras only
    I've sold the 20 jet [in the background]this summer to a friend Andrew .The 19 is up in the okanagan at my other friend's place [summer toy only].The 24 was done before the vanc poker run.This winter I start to change the cockpit arrangement to a two bucket and bench setup.Also drop the angle of the helm for a better steering position [it is like a greyhound bus setup now 1970's style .Give me a holler/e-mail if you plan to drop by. Did you see that nice 20 carrera eclipse in the shop when you were here? It's all done up,and the owner Doug keeps it here for Dave as an ornament .It's worth to look it.