Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Find A Boat....

Tab
    The wife and I and our two kids(9 and 7 yr's old) need a boat to take to the Havasu, (ocean some?), Etc. to entertain ourselves and our friends. My friends have Lavey Crafts, Eliminators, Cobras, etc. that range between 24' and 28'. Some are v-bottoms and some are cat's. Engines range from 496-ho to twin 496-ho's. I'd like to get something along these lines but......V or cat?.....Open cuddy, open bow, or party deck?.....Who provides the MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK single engine boat in these catagories? Why is it that some forums discuss Pantera, Sonic, Activator, Joker,........Then others discuss Eliminator, Lavey Craft, Htm, Warlock....I realize that there is a East coast West coast thing But...because I'm on the West coast, should I ignore the East coast boats? Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

fourspeednup
    What kind of $$$$$$ we lookin at spending?
    (notice how I said WE, it's a big family in here)

Tab
    I can't see spending more than $50k used, or maybe $65k new.

Back To Havasu
    If you can wait that long, the L.A. Boat show is usually in early February, and has most of the brands mentioned on these boards. You and yours can look at your leisure, all under one roof, price the new rides, and go from there. Just a thought.

phebus
    Originally posted by Back To Havasu
    If you can wait that long, the L.A. Boat show is usually in early February, and has most of the brands mentioned on these boards. You and yours can look at your leisure, all under one roof, price the new rides, and go from there. Just a thought.
    The L.A. boat show is early this year. Starts Jan. 24th.

Tab
    Waiting is not a problem......I'm looking for sweet deal so I must be patient. The big question is what boat is the best value given what I've described my friends are in?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Once you figure out exactly what you want the boat to do for you...example; fishing, skiing, haulin your buds, haulin ass, haulin ass in the ocean, whatever the case may be....you should be able to figure out what kind of boat would suit you best.
    That being said,,,BUY USED heres why,
    Unlike the sound of a 10 year old car, (which are usually driven daily) its not uncommon to find a 10 year old boat with very low hours and a much nicer price tag.
    Check the listings 50gs will go a long way.
    Just my .02 cents.

77charger
    24-26ft v bottom will do the job for both ocean and havasu.A cat will be good for strait line speed in the lake but the v will out do it in the ocean.Engine bigger is better for a big boat

Tab
    The attributes you mention are those I'm interested in. And I agree.....I'll probably do better buying used.....But....shy of acutally riding in all of the boats I mentioned(and those I haven't),...should I be looking at v-bottom or cat? Then....who's boats are the best value?(silly question... I know, but let's bat it around a little.

LeavinOn6
    check out www.boattrader.com you can do a search and put in what you want, even a few bank repos on there, best advise is to have your funds ready so you can jump on a sweet deal, but don't get in any hurry, get what you want

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast