Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Find A Boat....

25 Eagle
    I can put you and your family in a nice used Eliminator.

Skaterfast
    Two words.Cat and Skater.If you want to go faster on less horse power,get better gas mileage,and handle the rough better,get a cat and the best cat out there is a Douglas Marine Skater.If you want to go one up on that then put a couple of Merc outboards on it.Everybody has good advice here and I espeacialy like having a boat load of cash in hand and going low ball when you first see the boat.Good luck.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Tab
    I can't see spending more than $50k used, or maybe $65k new. That's alot of money to pay for a used boat when you can get a new one for less then that depending on your requirements. Asking someone to recommend a brand of boat is like asking someone about their child, It's hard to get an unbiased opinion. Everybody loves what they have (most of us do anyway). Just take your time and do your due diligence, research each boat throughly, visit the different companys several times, ask questions, wait until you can't wait any longer, and then wait some more. Pick up a copy of this months and next months ***boat and read the evaluations, and vist these forums daily until you feel that you can make an informed decision.
    And by all means, GO TO THE L.A. BOAT SHOW! Alot of your questions will be answered there. As far as east vs. west, I tend to lean towards the west coast builders. I just prefer them overall.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by 25 Eagle
    I can put you and your family in a nice used Eliminator.
    But does it have the Checkers option?

Tab
    Thanks for the REAL feedback guys. Your right.....I'm kidding myself thinking that I might get some sort of "this boat is the only boat for your needs" response to my inquiry. I'll keep asking questions, go to the boat show and when it hits me I'll buy. In the mean time, I'll be tuned in for any you suggestions you all may have. Thanks

TCHB
    1. The bigger the boat the better.
    2. Stick to name brand boats for resale.
    3. 496 HO
    4. The cuddy is nice for the kids
    5. I would stay with a V bottom (Insurance Cheaper)
    6. Deck Boats are nice (Conquest & Eliminator)
    Buy a used new boat if you can. Good Luck!
    Hey guys how are the tunnel deck boats on insurance $$$$$$$??

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Tab
    Thanks for the REAL feedback guys. Your right.....I'm kidding myself thinking that I might get some sort of "this boat is the only boat for your needs" response to my inquiry. I'll keep asking questions, go to the boat show and when it hits me I'll buy. In the mean time, I'll be tuned in for any you suggestions you all may have. Thanks
    GOOD LUCK!

PerfectionDtail
    I have this for sale!!! It's a good deal and a super clean boat with not problems. I have a thread in the Hot Boat section named ------- "Baby on the way, must sell 2001 Magic Wizard." ------ Take a look and let me know if you have ANY questions. These boats do great at Havasu and the ocean, however this one has been in freshwater only!

rivercrazy
    I was basically looking for pretty much what you are describing here. We ended up with a Shockwave 25 Tremor. Its pretty much the biggest 25 out there and performs as good as any other competing 25. Tons of room and very versitile. We've had it in big water in Mohave, Havasu, Parker, and ocean run to Catalina.

shockwavebd
    You will get a better deal if you buy before the boat show,
    Plus I know where theres a very nice 25 for sell....03.. 496 ho with all the bells and whistles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast