Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subs

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    I wouldn't split them up...why build 2 boxes when 1 will do? Good point!!

rivercrazy
    Yup. I splashed HH's design! Sorry I forgot to send the consulting/trademark infringement bill.
    The only thing thats different in mine is the size of the box. I went with .65 cubic feet per sub. As a result, HH's is probably a little louder. But the 1200.1 amp doesnt have any problem pushing the four 10's to the limit. And its too loud for me. Headroom is a good thing.....

Hustler
    by the looks of that hull you have to have a bench seat in the back right? If thats the case I would use the seat base for your subs, I have two jump seats in the back of my boat so the only other option I had was to put them in the bow, I have 2 Jl audio 12's under there and I love the way they sound.

likwidsukr
    It is settled. I am going with the seat option.
    Thanks guys for the help.

TrojanDan
    We had our subs (10w7's) built in seperate boxes under the rear bench. The original owner had 6x9's there. I kept the 6x9 holes for the sound to pass thru which in turn protected the subs from one of my jackass friends putting their foot thru, and for stealth (except everyone who reads these forums)

TrojanDan
    ...and you think there's a 6x9 in there!

rivercrazy
    Thats a sweet setup TD. Stealthy and very clean. Wish I would have thought of that....
    I was also worried about someone kicking my subs too.What I did was to have Shockwave built me my sub box out of 3/4 plywood. They cut the holes for the subs and then put another 3/4 plywood sheet over the subbox to fit around the outside of the subwoofers. Then I put some pretty rigid metal covers over the subs. It gave the subs more room for excursion and reduced the chances of some errant heels. Came out like this:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../80Stereo6.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...tereo4-med.jpg
    So far no one has messed em up yet....

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    ...So far no one has messed em up yet.
    Give me time...give me time...

TrojanDan
    Thanks RC. So are your woofers exposed to punctures the way it's installed or is there a speaker cover over the cone that I just can't see in the picture? I think what you are showing is that the woofer is slightly recessed into the plywood and that is your protection, right?
    Your set up isn't too shabby either RC (and HH too)!

rivercrazy
    All of the subs have their own mesh metal woofer grill. I can't remember if the covers were on in that pic. But you can see the subs through the grill. They are pretty tough and it would take a pretty good impact to get to the sub.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast