Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type bottom ?????

vdrivenman
    NO not that type !!
    this is a 77 sanger i purchased.
    owned a true flat(sanger) & a (hondo) runner, but what style or type bottom is this design??

BGMAN203
    I might be wrong but that looks like a circle runnerbottom. Definately a Sanger. Ask Brodie, he seems to be up on all the sanger stuff

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Originally posted by BGMAN203
    I might be wrong but that looks like a circle runnerbottom. Definately a Sanger. Ask Brodie, he seems to be up on all the sanger stuff
    I would agree with the BeeGeeMan!

BGMAN203
    After looking at that shot of the transom again, it looks to me like the plate bar is shifted a little to the left. It might be the angle of the shot though. Not that it really matters, it just looks like the turnbuckles are tilting to the left a little, espically the ones in the center.

Sangerboy
    Just by looking at the transom, you cannot differentiate between the circle runner and the drag runner. Measured from the transom to the tip of the bow the drag runner is 18'6" the circle runner is 18'3". An easier way to tell is if there is any v in the hull at the turn fin it is a circle runner if the runner stays flat until it melds into the front of the hull it is a drag runner. Acceptance and I have circle runners Chachi has a drag runner. (Haven't heard much from Camp Acceptance lately must be a lot of boats sinking this winter or maybe a case of extreme marital bliss..........) Hope this helps

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Originally posted by Sangerboy
    Just by looking at the transom, you cannot differentiate between the circle runner and the drag runner...
    I hope I don't come off sounding like a know-it-all here, cause I'm definately not, but... every circle runner I've seen, has the same narrow riding pad, including Acceptance and Dr. Sangerboys boats.
    Chachi's boat has the wider center section (closer to a hondo or cole).
    So whats the deal??
    Maybe we should check with the Mr. ex-Sanger Boats employee.

Sangerboy
    Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I hope I don't come off sounding like a know-it-all here, cause I'm definately not, but... every circle runner I've seen, has the same narrow riding pad, including Acceptance and Dr. Sangerboys boats.
    Chachi's boat has the wider center section (closer to a hondo or cole).
    So whats the deal??
    Maybe we should check with the Mr. ex-Sanger Boats employee.

Good idea Jerry, if Chachi's boat is at the shop Mr. ex-Sanger Boats employee can take a tape measure to the runners and compare since my boat is there at the moment also. I think the runners may be closer in width than you think. I have seen some 18'6" models with wider 4 turnbuckle pads but I was told that this was work done after they left the mold. Somebody should know though as always there's more rumor and stories than truth out there

Fiat48
    I thought Billy B or somebody said that circle boats had the rudder placed in the middle and drag boats had them offset to the left. Thought I read that somewhere.

Sangerboy
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    I thought Billy B or somebody said that circle boats had the rudder placed in the middle and drag boats had them offset to the left. Thought I read that somewhere.
    Could be but maybe the other way around since my rudder is offset enough to remove the propshaft while the rudder is still in place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast