Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It Was 100 Years Ago Today - What Does It Mean To You?

SMFRiverRat
    Having been in aviation for over 20 years, I cannot imagine doing anything else.
    All the hard work and primitive parts that went into the Wright Flyer is a tribute to the hard working American way.
    Besides...I like the view.

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by SMFRiverRat
    Having been in aviation for over 20 years, I cannot imagine doing anything else.
    All the hard work and primitive parts that went into the Wright Flyer is a tribute to the hard working American way.
    Besides...I like the view.
    Here here. Just for shits and grins, I took the 182 up today.
    I can't imagine my life without aviation.

H8Monday
    Here is a video of the attempt at re-enacting the first flight.Todays re-attempt at flight (http://g.msn.com/0VD0/00/00?m=n_wrig...217&csid=Msnbc)

Kilrtoy
    It was the day that the two fools created that thing that scares the shit out of me.....

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
    Here here. Just for shits and grins, I took the 182 up today.
    I can't imagine my life without aviation.
    If you have a P-38 Lightning I definitely want to see it in person and I will beg you to take me up in it (if there's any way you can fit a 2nd person in it)!
    That is a VERY cool aircraft! (in your Avatar)

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    If you have a P-38 Lightning I definitely want to see it in person and I will beg you to take me up in it (if there's any way you can fit a 2nd person in it)!
    That is a VERY cool aircraft! (in your Avatar)
    No, unfortunately I don't have a P-38. That Lefty Gardner's "White Lightning" .
    I own a '59 Cessna 182, a classic. But not nearly as cool as a P-38.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Essex502
    Without flight we wouldn't have international travel - terrorists, September 11, nuclear bombs dropping on Japan, SARS in North America, worry about bio-terrorism, billions spent on a war in Iraq that most of the people in the U.S. don't support, etc., etc., etc....
    That's the spirit!!!!!!!
    Every silver lining has a black cloud....

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
    No, unfortunately I don't have a P-38. That Lefty Gardner's "White Lightning" .
    I own a '59 Cessna 182, a classic. But not nearly as cool as a P-38.
    I saw White Lightning a couple of times at the Reno Air Races. Not really competitive with all of the highly modified unlimiteds, but fun to watch it fly...
    And the Wrights were geniuses ahead of their time...

Kilrtoy
    P-38 is the shit.....
    I love watching WINGS
    when they show that plane.....

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    P-38 is the shit.....
    I love watching WINGS
    when they show that plane.....
    I love the Discovery Wings channel.
    One of my Dads best friends flew the P-38 in WWII. He came over to my house with my Dad one day and I had recently gotten a new WWII aircraft book called Greatest Planes of WWII. It focused on three or four aircraft from the US, Great Brittian, Germany and Japan. The illustrations were awesome and they covered the planes and all of their variants, even test prototypes.
    One of the planes covered in the book was the P-38 and I sat down with Gene and the book and he told me some stories about flying it and the quirks that it had. I loved those two hours. He was an amazing man...passionate about flight and a huge zest for life.
    I have an infinite amount of respect for those that have flown military aircraft.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast