cal***boat
    FORD
    ****ed
    On
    Raw
    Deal

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by SS Havabrew
    I guess Ford is the only builder who has had issues like this.
    Sorry to hear about your problems though.
    I've had Ferds all my life and never had any major problems.
    I currently have a 99 150 an 02 Excursion and a 54 F100
    in the driveway and not a drop of oil to be seen.
    Seems you just got a POS and they don't want to make it right.
    THAT is what sucks! My buddy had the same type of issue with Chevy. Took him months to get his cash back. And the thing that sucked about that is he paid cash for it. That hurt.
    We put 25k down which I want back!!!
    If it was a minimum down deal I would not mind as much. I don't feel like having to write Chevy another big check, while My money is tyed up with FORD.

Lightning
    Chevy or Ford?????
    I drive a Chevy and have never driven anything else - needless to say I am a big fan of Chevy's for that most part.
    In my opinion, some trucks were built on Monday and some on Friday. The trucks that were built on Friday are the ones that have the problems because all the workers are in a rush to go home a drink a beer.

Lakeshow
    I just went through this with my 03' Escalade. Regardless of how long it takes Ford to get there act together they should be reimbursing your down payment plus all of your payments (including intrest) until the day that you turn the vehicle in. There is a deduction for the mileage that you put on the vehicle until the first time you took it in for the problem that you are getting in bought back for.
    You mentioned that you were using an attorney and they should be explaining all of this to you.
    The net result is you are going to be made whole in the end - don't let it get to you. Go get your new Chevy and park the Ford on the street.
    Merry Christmas!!!

PerfectionDtail
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    [B]Put it on a flat bed trailer, hang a bunch of banners about what a pos the POSD is and tow it with your Duramax around the Ford dealers in the area.
    That would be awesome!!!!

Havasu Cig
    LakeShow,
    I understand the process, the problem is that we have more than 25k in cash tied up in the Ford. I was planning on having that money to put down on the Chevy.
    When Ford asked for the payoff THREE MONTHS ago, and I new it was only good for thirty days I thought I was going to be ok with ordering the new chevy. I could not wait until the Ford was gone before ordering the new truck because I would be stuck without a tow vehicle.
    If I have to take money out of investments to put down on the new Chevy, which will cost me money I am making, I am going to be pissed.

jbtrailerjim
    Well I have alway's been a Ford guy. I'm on my third F-150 and they all have been great truck's. My father has alway's driven Ford's and he has alway's had good luck with them also. I've heard problems with all the mfg. at some point in time. I think Ford, Chevy, and Dodge all build good truck's and they have all had there fair share of problem's. I guess it's just Ford's turn this time. I'm sure they will get the problem fixed. My rule of thumb is to never buy a brand new model of any vehicle. They alway's seem to have some problem.
    Havasu Cig, Sorry to hear of your problem. That suck's that there dickin you around so much.

fastvdriver
    Sorry to hear about the problems but I really like the idea of towing the ford around with the chevy I would park it on a heavly driven road with a large sign!!!!

TRIMDOG
    Park that Ford on the street w/ the keys in it. Seriously, I have horror stories from several Chevy trucks and cars including but not limited to 350 vortec issues, 6.2 diesel, "disastro van", 4wd issues, trannys, door panel (interiors) falling off, etc.... The details would take five paragraphs. Personally I currently own a 7.3 as the tow vehicle of choice, but the most important thing is hang in there and try to buy American whenever you can. The vehicle you describe (DIES. EXCUR.) is exactly what we were looking to buy in a couple of years, but it sounds like it might be smart to wait it out.

NOTALENT
    That sucks man I always hated ford. by the way it stands for:
    Found on Road Dead
    F****d On Race Day
    anyways my friends dad had bought a brand new ford and had this same problem. He went through all the bs. He was even patient about it. But yet they still would not help much. what He ended up doing was driving it to the Dealer and parked it blocking the drive way with a sign on it saying something about how ford screwed him after 2 days of him camping out there. They took it back and gave him a full reimbursement. Sure it only took him 2 days which isnt that bad if you have vacation or do it on the weekend when there is more business. They also lost business in the process....I say you give it a try. What do you have to lose....Good luck and sorry bro...later

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast