Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: F@#k Ford

MissHavasuCig
    My co-workers all told me to write on all my windows "LEMON" etc... I do have a lot of windows on that POS

BIGTYME
    always try and buy a car built on wednesday. Never monday or friday!

Kachina26
    As a GM technician I can tell you that Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge.....etc all have their problems. It's all about how they (or if they) rectify the issue. I have only seen 2 maybe 3 vehicles bought back in the 9 years that I've been with GMC. I definately would not want to be the first on my block to own anything that a manufacturer has just come out with. Because despite all the testing, R&D etc. the real proving grounds are in the customers hands. I certainly wouldn't have wanted a duramax when they couldn't keep the headgaskets sealed, and even now, a tech at my shop has a duramax with a knock (probably a rod knock) that is frustrating the hell out of him. It started with less than a thousand miles on it and technical assistance wants him to tear down the motor and perhaps repair or replace it. His contention is that he did not drop 45k on a truck with a rebuilt motor, and I agree. So maybe I will see another by back. So I guess what I'm saying is that they're all designed and built by people so expect some of em to be real turds! Oh yeah BTW don't get sucked into that whole buy American thing, go look at the first digit of your VIN #, those of you with a 2 have bought Canadian A, those with a 3 Bought from Taco Bell er uh I mean Mexico. Only those with a 1 have bought an American ASSEMBLED vehicle. And the parts come from all over the place. Don't get me wrong you won't see my boat behind a toyota but you may see me commuting to work in one.

Jordy
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    If I have to take money out of investments to put down on the new Chevy, which will cost me money I am making, I am going to be pissed.
    Depending on the brokerage house, you should be able to borrow up to 80% of the value of your portfolio and then write off the interest that you're essentially paying to yourself for loaning you the money.

RiverRatMike
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    Well as some of you know we have had many problems with our 03, 6.0 diesel Excursion. We hired a lawyer and three month ago ford agreed to take the vehicle back.
    Two month ago we ordered a new Chevy 2500 HD Duramax. I was told it would be in the first of january.
    Ford asked for the 30 day payoff to refund our money and missed it. Again they asked for the 30 day payoff and missed it. Now we are into week number two of the current payoff and no response from Ford.
    We called ford to try and resolve the problem, and got an atttitude and was told that we should talk to our lawyer instead of them.
    We call our lawyer and he said we can't rush Ford, we have to wait for them to get this done in their own sweet time.
    Well we got a call from Chevy last night and our new truck just arrived. Now we still have the POS Excursion leaking F@#king oil in my driveway, engine still F@#ked up, as well as the brakes going out.
    Ford was supposed to take this POS back month ago, and now they are F@#king me. I am going to have to shell out extra cash so I don't lose the new truck because Ford is so F@#ked up.
    I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD!!!
    Just needed to vent a little.
    I wonder what Kilrtoy has to say about all this. LOL

v-drive
    I hate to burst anyones bubble but I had the same problems with a dodge in the past. I had a 94 chevy truck that everytime I turned around something else was breaking. I now have a 2000 F-150 and other than tires and brakes there have been no problems. My advice to HC is to document every time you talk to them (time,date,person) and what you talked about. Use your home phone so you can document the call. Good luck
    v-drive

Forkin' Crazy
    That sucks! Ford ought to own up to their mistakes and pay you instead of playing lawyer games.. A local dealership here did that with me and the lawyers got paid well.:frown:
    I only have 261,000 miles on my Dodge. It has only been towed in once, and that was my fault. Plan to make a 32 hour trip with it next month. I think the engine will go 500,000 miles no problem, but I don't know if the body will make it
    FYI, Dodge has Cummins..... Chevy has a Mitsubishi???

SoCal_fun
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    Oh yeah BTW don't get sucked into that whole buy American thing, go look at the first digit of your VIN #, those of you with a 2 have bought Canadian A, those with a 3 Bought from Taco Bell er uh I mean Mexico. Only those with a 1 have bought an American ASSEMBLED vehicle. And the parts come from all over the place. Don't get me wrong you won't see my boat behind a toyota but you may see me commuting to work in one.
    My Toyota Tundra/Sequoia 4x4's were built in Indiana, US of A by hard working Americans!!!
    Many trucks now days are built in Mexico or Canada as was stated above. Might want to look more carefully before you talk about 'buying American'.
    My previous Trucks:
    88 Dakota 2wd - Great midsize for hauling dirt bikes, etc. 10 years trouble free.
    99 Ram 1500 4x4 - decent vech., sometimes wish I still had it.
    01 Sequoia 4x4 (Wife's daily driver), great ride, great offroad and good travel vech. Lots of brake and cooling issues (1st model year stuff)...
    02 Tacoma 4x4, great fun offroad, but too small for towing.
    03 Tundra 4x4, so far so good. Tows up to 7,000# real nice, although could use more power! Great smooth ride for a truck and for a 4x4.

Lakeshow
    The dealer (Escondido GMC) that I bought my replacement vehicle from (Yukon) took my check (20K) and held it for 30 days while the paperwork cleared on my buy back. I showed them all of the paperwork which made them comfortable enough to hold the check.
    Just a thought.

OCStoker
    I have also bought new cars where the dealer would hold my down for 30 days. Just ask, I am sure they would work with you.
    Good luck

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast