Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: F@#k Ford

Ziggy
    I've got the 7.3, 40k on it without a drop of oil except from diff cover where they last guys didn't get a good clean seal.
    One employee has the 6.0 and has had 3 or 4 oil leaks fixed plus some injector stuff early on.
    I'm just glad I got the 7.3.
    Havasu Cig, I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with it...and as you can see from other posts it isn't just Ford. It can happen to any brand, regardless of how cheap or expensive a vehicle. I can tell you from experience that most manufacturers will take their time to complete such a repurchase, especially if you are leaving the brand but normally will get it done. What I've seen is there are so many hands that have to touch/approve and pass along the papers its a red tape issue.
    And I applaud you for recognizing that its not the dealers fault, most are trying hard to work with you.
    Dragging your vehicle around dealerships with lemons on it or some shit like that is doing nothing towards the "maker" of the vehicle but rather hurting a hard working local businessperson.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by OCStoker
    I have also bought new cars where the dealer would hold my down for 30 days. Just ask, I am sure they would work with you.
    Good luck
    This is actually not legal but is fairly common. If you are financing the car then the dealer represents to the lender that a down has been taken and secured gaurantying no other leins could be placed on the car....I suppose the legal term would be "fraud". Most lenders won't do anything unless a problem actually arises, some won't even allow a credit card down payment because it can skew FICO scores and/or create another lien type situation.
    FYI

spectras only
    Cig , that beast you're towing ,I would have opted for the F 650 , no less.

Dave C
    that sucks.
    It seems that if they "agreed" to re-buy in 30 days then they reneged on their agreement. Your lawyer should have taken issue with this.

BrendellaJet
    anyone have a new Hemi Ram that actually gets the 17mpg they advertise on the hwy? I get 260 miles per tank-250 of which is all hwy-NO TRAFFIC. I cant even drive the damn thing to the store for fear of watching my gas guage move more. Im thinking I should have some recourse here... Im sorry, but 10mpg is not even close to 17. If I would have known that it would do this, I would not have traded in my chevy.

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by Dave C
    that sucks.
    It seems that if they "agreed" to re-buy in 30 days then they reneged on their agreement. Your lawyer should have taken issue with this.
    That is the problem. They asked for the payoff, which is good for 30 days, and then missed it twice now. They have two weeks left to make this one. They wrote me a letter agreeing to take the vehicle back several month ago, and you think they could do it a little faster.
    I have bought trucks from the Chevy dealer before, so he is being cool, but they can only hold it so long before I am going to have to buy the thing.
    This whole thing just pisses me off. I am in the process of buying a new business as well, and don't need another loan on my credit. Probably won't hurt anything, but you never know.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

25 Eagle
    Cig...bummer about the truck. Personally I've had 4 F150's since '96 including a Lightning and they have all been great. Of coarse I have never put over 36 thousand miles on anyone of them so that maybe why. I have a friend who is a service writer for Dodge and I asked him about the new Hemi and he said he's seeing a lot of them coming back. Another friend got a GMC with the DuraMax and is having some issues also. Who knows.

Dave C
    by renege I mean that it may be actionable. I.E. you can sue for your damages for their failure to live up for their end of the bargain. This all depends on what the agreement was exactly.

Starloans
    Damn Cig, sorry to hear about the ford. BASTARDS! Hope you get your cash back soon. Jordan and Lakeshow have super ideas. Put that bitch on a flat bed and haul it around!
    Last truck I bought the dealer did the financing but said they would hold the paperwork for 7 days to see if I could get better financing. Sounded like a pretty standard thing. That may give ya a few more days to see if you get your cash. I was getting 5.9% on the GMC 2500 at the time and I couldn't do any better than that so I took it.
    I have heard of what Lakeshow was talking about also. Maybe with some flexable Chevy dealer financing and a flatbed you can nail it down your cash before the final paperwork goes in.
    The flatbed sounds funny but my GF gave back a lemon Chrysler Sebering and they were pretty detailed about her not saying bad stuff about the company and not getting a bad rep for the lemon and so forth. Dist Manager came down to Poway looked at the car and said here's all your lease down payment back AND all your lease payments. 14 months worth. Did it in a hurry. She put 7K down on the lease so the pmts would be low. A week later she had a check in the mail for over 10K.
    Good luck to ya.

Havasu Cig
    Thanks for all the advice.....
    I am going to give it to the end of December, and then just go write Chevy a check and pick up the new truck.
    I will eventually get my $$$ back from Ford, but it pisses me off that I have to put more money out there.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast