Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: F@#k Ford

missboatnam1
    sorry to hear about your problems hc.we have a freind that had the 6.0 and ford took it back.also have heard many horror stories on the new chevy deisel hope it works out nice for you>

NashvilleBound
    ChaddyShack has had his Duramax in several times for MAJOR engine problems. They say the first year of a new motor is always a problem. My Ford has 140k and is running perfect. As much as I am a Ford fan I really like the idea that was posted earlier of putting it on a trailer with banners and towing it around town, with your Chebby, in front of your local Ford dealership. That will get their attention I assure you. If your close to North San Diego let me know....I'll go as I am always into some good drama!

Wicky
    NOt so sure about the quality of the Fords but, I do know Bill Ford is a big Sierra Club supporter and is doing away with the Excursion guzzler. **** Ford for supporting the Sierra Club.
    ****ing huggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Never buy a Ford if you enjoy your freedom!!
    Mow,
    Wicky

Havasu Cig
    The POS is going back to Ford Tommorrow. They called and said they had our check ready.

Dave C
    Thats a great idea i.e. towing the beater around with banners on it with the new truck.
    Its legal and gets the point across. They will give in to your demands just to get to you to quiet down.
    Can I use that bit?
    P.S. good news H.C.

Starloans
    Hey Cig,
    Glad to hear you got that straightened out. Did you get the cash in time to structure the new deal the way you wanted?

MsDrmr
    Mr has a 2001 F150, he has only had it three years, the censors went bad, the driver door does not unlock unless you use the key now, the brakes are always going bad. I have never owned a ford and I am glad. My dad has a 1999 explorer, and the same thing with the censors on it.
    Hubby now wants to trade in for a Ford 250 deisel truck for towing and xtra room for family, I hope it was just a fluke with your paticular truck and not a result of the deisel engine

Havasu Cig
    SL,
    We are working on another deal right now, the last one ended up not being that great. I don't think it would matter because we have enough net worth, but you know how banks are about loans sometimes. I ended up having to write Chevy a check for the new truck, and that was just less liquid cash that I could show. I was just pissed at Ford more than anything, and needed to vent.
    mrsdrmr,
    My buddy has the same exact vehicle, and he is having similar problems. He bought his about three weeks after us.

Just Tool'n
    Havasu Cig, was the crankcase filling up after 1-2k miles after each oil change. A friend has a a 6.0 that they keep replacing injectors in, reflashing the computer on it, & it will add up to 4 qts at oil change.
    I told him with all of that diesel ending up in the crankcase, what is that doing to the bearings. I told him that ford should take that truck back.
    He is going on the 4th set of injectors on it.

Havasu Cig
    We never had that problem, but I have heard of others doing the same thing. I was told the motor needed to be replaced if that happened.
    We had the rear main seal go out at 1800 miles, the turbo at 2500 miles, the computer reflashed six times ( and it still surges and idles at different rpm's), the brakes replaced at 8000 miles and they need it again at 20,000 miles, total loss of power while driving on the freeway twice, and partial loss several other times, dvd player had to be replaced, and the thing is now leaking oil again. Other than that it has been great

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast