Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Boat, Which way to go with stereo?

ROZ
    Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
    My stereo guy want's to use "Arc" amp's. I've never heard of them are they any good? I still have not decided on what speakers im going to install.
    Yes they're good. Very well built high end tweeky SQ amplifiers. You could always hook them up to a pair of Rainbow seperates... Just make sure to bring a wad of cash or your Platinum card... It ain't cheap.
    To be honest, I don't think I'd use highend tweeky SQ gear in a boat. You'll never hear it to it's potential. Install it into your rig for the trips to the lake
    I think their site is Arcaudio.com
    Look into Zapco or maybe JL Audio..... We had a guy give up his ARC's for a set of JL Slash line amps and swears the change was for the best.

RUCAV
    I didnt really know what was quality stuff so I just took what Ultra puts in and went shopping for those items. I just booted the viper stuff and switched it with Alphasonik. Here is the lineup:
    Pioneer 3500 head unit
    4 Alphasonik 6.5's
    2 Alphasonik 6x9's
    2 Alphasonik 12"s
    PCX 5800 Amp (Heard many good things about this amp)
    XM radio unit.
    ROZ, do you think I'm gonna need another amp?
    None of the shops stocked it and many of them didnt know viper made anything other than car alarms.

CEO
    I bought SonyXm with the brain, 1 hardwire remote, 1-1000watt crossfire amp for the 2-12 wolfers. 8- 6x9s sony, a 4 channel 840watt crossfire amp.
    My stereo is going to be installed in a few weeks, the boat is just out of the mold. I'm not really thrilled with the Sony speakers, they are a little higher pitch that I want. Anyone know of any other top of the line 6x9s that can handle the marine use? The sony does have the funkie covers and the inside is Red and you can see through it.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
    I'm not really thrilled with the Sony speakers, they are a little higher pitch that I want. Anyone know of any other top of the line 6x9s that can handle the marine use? The sony does have the funkie covers and the inside is Red and you can see through it.
    I would hesitate putting Sony in a Bayliner (the Bayliner deserves better). http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../1/happy02.gif
    I wouldn't worry about getting marine speakers (unless your retracing the path of the Edmund Fitzgerald)...they never really get wet enough to corrode...
    ...unless those Sony speakers are paper, too. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../1/happy34.gif

CEO
    Na no paper, but I did buy a 2000 watt Honda generator to make sure my rig starts and have many blended cocktails

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
    Na no paper, but I did buy a 2000 watt Honda generator to make sure my rig starts and have many blended cocktails...
    There's a man with his priorities in order!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123