Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Reason Ford Sucks!

MagicMtnDan
    Of course there will be no winners in Ford vs. Chevy life-long argument. But I thought I'd post one very real and important fact about Ford and their F-150 "Heritage" (the F-150 model that preceded the new F-150 and the Heritage is still being produced - apparently will be manufactured until mid-2004).
    To quote the Dateline NBC report, "It's marketed as 'Ford tough,' but as Dateline first showed viewers two and half years ago, when the Ford F-150 truck was pitted against a 320,000-pound barrier in a 40 mile per hour test, it failed miserably.
    Brian O'Neill runs the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, a non-profit research group funded by automobile insurance companies. Its goal is to reduce claim costs. In 2001, O'Neill told us that the F-150 was one of the worst vehicles he'd ever seen in the test facility.
    "His is as bad as it gets in terms of crash performance," said O'Neill. "Look at the collapse of the compartment. That is not a safety cage."
    The Ford F-150 got the Institute's lowest rating, a poor, and O'Neill cautioned against buying it.
    "I wouldn't put my family, my wife or myself in a vehicle like this," said O'Neill."
    You can argue all you want about how Ford sells more pickups than anyone else (not true if you combine Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra sales), and how Ford wins on race day or whatever. All I know is if I'm in a pickup truck and get in a crash I don't want to look anything like that test dummy that was in that Ford F-150 - that truck was crumpled big time and you'd be a very ugly mess they'd be hauling to the hospital if that was you driving it.
    I feel so strongly about this that if I owned an F-150 I'd sell it ASAP and buy the new model even if I lost all kinds of money on it. I'd rather lose money than my life or that of my family/friends.
    The preceding is an opinion from a Chevy owner who wants to help out his friends who made a very poor choice by buying a Ford F-150. Friends don't let friends buy F-150s (Heritages).
    And please don't be offended when I turn down your offer to drive us in your F-150

JetBoatRich
    I have two fords in my drive-way with no complaints
    One brand new, F-350 with 9,200 miles and my wifes car has 190,000 miles all original (even battery) how can I complain

jbtrailerjim
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    And please don't be offended when I turn down your offer to drive us in your F-150 [/B]
    Well when I see you on the side of the road broke down in your Chevy, I'll just pass on by instead of offering you a ride in my F-150.

PHX ATC
    They say that about lots and lots of different vehicles they test there too. It just isn't about Ford, but almost all the other manufacturers have vehicles that perform poorly on their tests.
    I don't own Ford's but wouldn't base my decision of ownership solely on this report. Good information, nonetheless.
    I wonder, in all actuality, how many vehicles would "win" when pressed against a 320,000 pound wall at 40 mph?

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
    Well when I see you on the side of the road broke down in your Chevy, I'll just pass on by instead of offering you a ride in my F-150.
    I had three F-150's over the last few years for work. the last one was 2000 with 150,000 miles not a problem to complain about.

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    Of course there will be no winners in Ford vs. Chevy life-long argument. But I thought I'd post one very real and important fact about Ford and their F-150 "Heritage" (the F-150 model that preceded the new F-150 and the Heritage is still being produced - apparently will be manufactured until mid-2004).
    To quote the Dateline NBC report, "It's marketed as 'Ford tough,' but as Dateline first showed viewers two and half years ago, when the Ford F-150 truck was pitted against a 320,000-pound barrier in a 40 mile per hour test, it failed miserably.
    Brian O'Neill runs the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, a non-profit research group funded by automobile insurance companies. Its goal is to reduce claim costs. In 2001, O'Neill told us that the F-150 was one of the worst vehicles he'd ever seen in the test facility.
    "His is as bad as it gets in terms of crash performance," said O'Neill. "Look at the collapse of the compartment. That is not a safety cage."
    The Ford F-150 got the Institute's lowest rating, a poor, and O'Neill cautioned against buying it.
    "I wouldn't put my family, my wife or myself in a vehicle like this," said O'Neill."
    You can argue all you want about how Ford sells more pickups than anyone else (not true if you combine Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra sales), and how Ford wins on race day or whatever. All I know is if I'm in a pickup truck and get in a crash I don't want to look anything like that test dummy that was in that Ford F-150 - that truck was crumpled big time and you'd be a very ugly mess they'd be hauling to the hospital if that was you driving it.
    I feel so strongly about this that if I owned an F-150 I'd sell it ASAP and buy the new model even if I lost all kinds of money on it. I'd rather lose money than my life or that of my family/friends.
    The preceding is an opinion from a Chevy owner who wants to help out his friends who made a very poor choice by buying a Ford F-150. Friends don't let friends buy F-150s (Heritages).
    And please don't be offended when I turn down your offer to drive us in your F-150
    Is that not the same firm in 1996 that was quoted saying" Firestone the best tire in the bussiness" WTF Who cares about some opinion that a "PAID" regardless if they are "NON_PROFFIT" ORG. The truth is in the numbers not some stupid test with a f****n 300,00# Who gives a shit what!!!!
    I kinda liked your opinions up to this point! WTF
    That is funny shit! LMAO O Sit on the side of the road and rot LMAO! Read this again it is funny shit

MagicMtnDan
    Note regarding your posts - not having any problems with your Ford or being happy with it is completely different than being in an accident with it. I'm glad you're happy with your F-150s. And I only hope that you're not in an accident in one of them! In frontal offset crashworthiness evaluations on late model full-size pickups as tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Ford F-150 is the worst rated vehicle. By the way, the Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra is only rated as "Moderate" while the Dodge RAM 1500 and Toyota Tundra are rated BEST along with the new F-150 - these are all rated as "Good" (ratings are Good, Fair, Moderate, Poor).
    If you saw the crash test of the F-150 I'm sure it would make you think twice about its safety. This will give you an idea as to the extent of the damage...
    http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat.../0110_1_13.jpg http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat.../0110_4_35.jpg http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat.../0110_2_34.jpg

Mandelon
    I once hit a Mazda Protege with my big F-250 .....the Mazda was totaled, the lady went off in an ambulance. The Ford had a bent bumper. Yes...it was her fault.
    I saw the show on the F-150's offset front impact, and the cab did get crushed. With the 2004's they fixed the crumple zone. Now they are a lot safer. Just don't hit anything and you will be fine.

JetBoatRich
    MMD, I don't have a F-150 anymore so not worried. I feel sorry for the dummy that pulls in front of us
    They all have their issues

Keithb87
    Ford is the SCHNIZT !!!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast